M-Audio Sonica Problem - Help!
Jun 5, 2004 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I'm using the M-Audio Sonica on Windows XP, and every so often during the day it stop working and only works again if I unplug and replug its usb cable.

When it stops working, I get a "waveOut output v2.0.2a error" in Winamp that says "Unsupported PCM format (44100 Hz, 16 bits per sample, 2 channels)." etc.

In Windows Media Player, I get "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, or it may not be functioning properly."

Has anybody has this same problem? How can it be fixed? I can keep on using the card normally if I unplug it and replug it, but I'm afraid one day it'll just stop working at all.

Thanks,

Andrés

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #2 of 4
I had the similar problem with Sonica's drivers on old Win ME. The soundcard suddenly stopped, even in the middle of a song. I couldn't find a clue, however when I later reinstalled Windows (and all the problems), the problem disappeared.

I guess that Sonica's drivers are a bit unstable. However in Win XP, everything works fine for me.

Try to completely uninstall Sonica, you might also use (if you don't have it yet) the recommended Sonica's drivers Ver. 1205. If this would not work, reinstall Winamp or even the XP.

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I'll try that. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm happy to see people are using the drivers I put on my website (kiwirant)
smily_headphones1.gif

I've had a couple of odd errors when setting up my sonica on different machines, but a bit of fiddling always gets it working right. Once it's going I never have a problem. If the 1205 drivers don't work right for you, try the latest ones (obvious I know, but worth a shot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back