M-audio Revolution mods
Jun 4, 2003 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SENOR4Q

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone thought about giving this a try. Maybe some capacitor swaps(bigger....better), a vampire RCA jack for the digital out, and some neutrik or switchcraft mini jacks for the analog outs. Or Better still--1/4" jacks!!!(for the REAL man in you)
biggrin.gif

Just a thought, but this might prove interesting, no?

Jun 4, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 5
if I was gonna do some mods I'd remove the excess outputs (for full 7.1 sound - since there is little to no chance I'll ever be using many of those channels... in fact I doubt I'll ever use this for more than stereo), and replace them with quality RCA jacks (might as well replace the digital out connector as well). Dual (analog) outputs would be nice as well..

-dd3mon

Sep 5, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 5
whats the opamp and dac on the m-audio?

Would it be nice to replace the opamp for a National LM4562NA High Performance Audio OPAMP?

Am I crazy or the revo 7.1 has a swappable opamp socket? Can you do the direct swap?

What about the dac?

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Not long ago I replaced the op amps (JRC2068) on the first two output channels of my Echo Gina24 with LM4562s. The new op amps opened up the sound and reduced the measured THD in RMAA 6 from 0.0010 % to 0.0004 %. I find it easier to pick out subtle details with the LM4562s. Bear in mind that you might need to add some small (0.1 µF) power supply bypass capacitors for stability. Another mod is to bypass the electrolytic audio coupling capacitors with good quality film capacitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back