M-Audio Revolution headphone settings - ?
Mar 1, 2003 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OakIris

1000+ Head-Fier
I now have my Senn HD590 headphones and the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card. The card sounds good, but....

I installed the sound card last night, and tried them first with my Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers simply to compare the sound with my previous Audigy2 soundcard. What I noticed first was that the M-Audio doesn't pump out the volume like the Audigy - had to turn up my Klipsch speaker volume about a quarter of turn more - if I had done this with the Audigy, it would have made the walls of my room shake and things would have started falling off the walls!
frown.gif

I then tried the card with my headphones - just got these so they haven't been broken in yet - and had the same problem with volume - played Bob Marley's Exodus CD and could barely hear his voice unless I put the M-Audio control panel volume up as far as it could go and also turned up the Windows CD volume control.

Since no one else is complaining about a volume problem with this card, I figure that I am doing something wrong. I'm hoping someone here can give me some pointers as to the optimal settings I need to use in the M-Audio control panel.

As I didn't need a headphone amp to get plenty of volume and good sound out of my Audigy2 card, and have read that the HD590s are easy to drive so shouldn't really need an amp (JMT is building me one, though.
biggrin.gif
) and certainly didn't need any sort of amp for the Audigy to drive my Klipsch speakers, I am concerned about this new soundcard.

Do I have a defective card or is it just user error because I don't know what I'm doing?
redface.gif

(And I do have the most recent drivers available for the Revo card installed on my system.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back