M-Audio Revo vs. Terratec EWX
Mar 9, 2004 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

riddley

100+ Head-Fier
I've got an M-Audio Revolution sound card; does anyone have an opinion on whether it's worth upgrading to the Terratec EWX?

I've done a search on both cards, but it's not clear to me whether the Terratec outclasses the Revo or not. Anyone out there listened to them both?

I know that the RME Pad is considered superior , but that's a bit more of a jump...

Mar 10, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 11
I made the switch from a revo to ewx this month and I noticed instant improvements. Warmer sound, bit more transparent and more details are showing up. I also love the fact that there's RCA jacks in the back instead of 1/8" jacks so I can use interconnects without adapters (i'm not a fan of rca->mini).

Mar 10, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #6 of 11
warmer sound ... could be them cables you use ... im using a pure silver rca to mini ... sounds incredible with my setup ... then again i am using one the the betterer heh setups around here.

Mar 10, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 11
I'm wondering whether those dudes on that other forum think brighter=better? I used to make this mistake also, in any case, I still find it hard to believe that as one of them put it "the terratec isnt in the same league". Sounds like BS to me.

Mar 10, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 11
I have heard that the Terratec cards have very bad drivers.
How are the drivers for the EWX?
is it funtional when using direct sound with games?

Mar 10, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 11
I dont think EWX would support EAX or even direct sound, while the Revo does support EAX 2.0 and also directsound, although no hardware acceleration.

Mar 10, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 11
if it weren't for fact that the ewx has rca plugs (and all i have are mini to mini's [so i get laughed at] since this was a computer rig) i would buy that over the m-audio revo but so much for that.

Mar 10, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Zu!
I have heard that the Terratec cards have very bad drivers.
How are the drivers for the EWX?
is it funtional when using direct sound with games?

Cant be that bad, considering I have never had any stability issues or other problems with it. Games work completely fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back