M-Audio Q40 vs. Equation RP-21 vs. AKG K240 quick review
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 24
BTW BRO I am going to purchase the Q40 this week from Amazon.

Someone is coming today to check out my HD555 and buy it so I will be purchasing the Q40 this week. I read the cord can snap easily or something so? And some people had issues with the speaker going dead or something so?

I cannot understand why they would make those cord outside the headphone of the Q40

this is what I am speaking of and I am frightened that if for some reazon the speaker goes dead I will have a ruined headphone.
But no one touches my headphone and its always home and i take good care of my stuff so you think I will be good to go for about atleast 15 years with these cans? I really really really love how they look they are the most beautiful headphone I ever saw in my life.

SP-Q-40-Front1.jpg.jpg

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #18 of 24
Yes, interesting review...thanks. I couldn't agree more about the 240S. It has a bloated upper bass that overwhelms the other frequencies and makes it impossible to mix on. What about the treble of the RP-21 do you find so inaccurate? I always thought they had a pretty accurate frequency response...but I'm only comparing them to the other headphones I have at present...the mdr-v6 and the 240S. I would have purchased the Q-40 instead of the RP-21, but I read a review that said the bass was out of balance with the rest of the frequencies...not a flat frequency response according to the reviewer.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 24
Own the 240, RP 22x, Denon 1001...IMO the 240 Sextett completely cleans up the bass of the 240S and more than adequately improves the overall SQ/musicality of the others, excluding the Q40 of which i've never heard.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #21 of 24
Interesting Trav...a k240S without that excessive upper bass would be very nice, indeed.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #22 of 24
IMHO the 240S were perfect...till i heard the Sextetts...they are a beautiful sounding can...

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO the 240S were perfect...till i heard the Sextetts...they are a beautiful sounding can...

Now you're going to give me the itch...
I was itching for the 601's, but they're going too high on ebay for my budget. I still enjoy the 240S for casual listening, though. I've got some 240DF's coming next week. FWIR, very neutral/accurate frequency response...I got them primarily for use in my home studio, but it's possible I will wind up getting a little amp and using them for casual listening as well.

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so I will be purchasing the Q40 this week. I read the cord can snap easily or something so? And some people had issues with the speaker going dead or something so?

The right speaker just went on my Q40's so I'm thinking there's an issue of reliability. Maybe they do bass too well for their own good and the candle burns out too quickly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back