M-Audio Q40 alternative suggestions
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
So I bought a used pair of Q40s that came with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 pads. Long story short, I haven't wanted to listen to any of my other cans much since
I'm not even going to attempt to describe the sound in detail, nor can I decipher the majority of headphone reviews I read on here. I really love the sound with these on my LG V30 with flac. Plus they're so comfortable, even though my wife tells me I look like an idiot wearing them. One very noticeable feature with these is that the sound is very boxed in. Good old classic rock sounds wonderful, I just wish they had a better since of space and air.
Can anyone who has heard or owns the Q40 recommend a pair of cans with a similar SQ, but a little less closed in? I don't need quite as much low end, but I don't want a significant drop off either. The only other thing we must allude is overly bright treble.
I'd prefer a detachable cable, but if it is the right headphone, I can deal with it being non detachable.
I'm eyeballing the Meze 99 Neos. From what I've read, they sound like they could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back