m-audio ie-40 remold & cable
Jan 27, 2010 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SoundBite

New Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me who can custom mold my M-Audio IE-40s, and put a new cable on? I can't find it on the search engine. Do the IE-40s go by another name? Who does the best job, and what cable is the best? I use them with my iPod and Apple Lossless encoding, and listen to rock to classical and all in between. Thanks!

Jan 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 6
They are also known as the Triple.Fi 10 Pro by Ultimate Ears, and Fischer Hearing can reshell them into custom molds. Look at their thread here for impressions and cable suggestions etc (the IE-40 is the exact same as the Triple.Fi 10 except for the silver shell.)
Unique Melody also reshells, although you would have to ship to China where Fischer Hearing is in the US.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 6
I would prefer Un-Melody re-shell my IE-40 when the time is right. I will probably add another driver and have 4 per ear. The IE-40 is supposed to be the same as UE Triple fi 10, its just made by completely another company using the schematics from Ultimate Ears. The IE40 is Chrome not silver.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Apparently UM does a bit cleaner job from what someone has told me personally, I recommend you check their threads here.
My mistake about the chrome/silver, I haven't been interested in it at all due to the price premium there usually was so I didn't look into it in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back