M-Audio AV40 sound leakage with headphones?
Jul 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lc483

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I recently received my AV40's and I noticed that with headphones plugged in there is still sound coming from the speakers.  It's not too loud, but it's definitely noticeable at around 50% volume or so.  Either way, it's quite annoying! I did a search online and found some others experiencing the same issue, but I'm still not sure if it's 100% normal, or if it's just a batch of users experiencing this.

If anyone out there does NOT experience this, please let me know! :)

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 5
I contacted customer support and the representative said it's not normal and to send them in for repair, but I must pay shipping, which could easily be $25+ for something of this size/weight.  However, a different representative on the forum has posted previously that it is normal.

Ahhhh! Can anyone confirm if they have AV40's that DO NOT leak sound with headphones plugged in?

Thanks!

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 5
I've always had this problem too. I also read in several places some people saying it's normal and others saying it's faulty.

Only problem I have with this is that to get any decent volume you on my cans I have to turn it up to at least the 12 o'clock position. I was thinking of buying a FIIO E7 amplifer but then I read that the AV 40 headphone amp is actually pretty decent. So now I've just given up and will not buy anything ;p

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Old thread but I thought I'd add that I get the same effect but only from the front aux jack source when headphones are plugged in.  It's hardly noticeable but if you had a roommate it could get annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back