M Audio Audiophile 2496
Feb 9, 2007 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

calcajun

100+ Head-Fier
I have only been having time to listen to DVD-A disks since i put this card in my computer.
Straight out the box the card is sending and my apogee has been locking onto 192/48 and 192/96 depending on disk.

No time to play with M Audio control panel but do have it setup to run comp sounds through the SPDIF cause i like to know when email comes in.

Anything in particular i should do in the configuration, or am i good right out the box and default setup?
Listen to audio from Foobar, DVD-A and high res stuff.
Already kernal streaming foobar.

Thanks

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 8
It automatically detects and locks the codec & s/pdif samplerate according to the played material's. And better use ASIO output plugin for foobar.

Set your "M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF" device as default in Windows setup. You will hear Windows sounds, no problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Roughly, ASIO is a native hardware "kernel streaming" interface for soundcards. Kernel streaming output plugin is intended for soundcards that DO NOT support ASIO in hardware. Audiophile 2496 does. So use ASIO.

Feb 10, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 8
K, Will give it a try.

Well, m Audio manual says all asio drivers will be installed for win or mac.
Of course i installed the drivers from disk then updated to latest from their website.
In foobar under outut i see the standard DS window selections and then there are the KS M Audio selections. I can only assume these are the driver selections from M audio.
Is that correct?
I have the " KS: M Audio S/PDIF " Selected. I know this is kernal stream but not shure if it is what was installed by the M Audio driver disk.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 8
By the way, just for anyones fyi. I originally was using the onboard realtek out. Digitally through dac, amp and headphone it was ok. Out to speakers i would get some hard drive noise through the audio. Thats why i decided to try the M audio card. Now the sound through speakers is clean without hard disk noise.

Feb 10, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 8
You should put the ASIO output plugin "foo_out_asio.dll" into the foobar's components folder. Then you should start the foobar and open the preferences. Now, under the "Output" settings you should see the "ASIO Virtual Devices" tab. Press it. Here you should see: "Configured Virtual ASIO devices" list. It will be empty. Press the "Add New" button, so you will enter the "ASIO Virtual Device Editor" and the list of your ASIO devices. Pressing left mouse button on the device, you are able to assign the right channel for it (channel mapping). Assign "left channel" to first SPDIF Out L/R Delta-AP, and the "right channel" to the second one. You can check, where's your right and left channel using the "Play Test Signal". Press OK.

Now, when you have set this up, you will have a new device in the list of configured ASIO devices. Return back to "Output" tab and now you will see the new device in your list: "ASIO : M-Audio Delta ASIO". Choose it. Have fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Ok, This morn i took a look in the preferances and saw i had kernal stream plugin in there and then knew this was not a driver from M Audio.
Anyway will give asio a try now.

Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back