LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #4,036 of 5,225

Thanks for the tip. I will now order that one with KZ star tips to maximize the shipping fee. The reason I choose penon is due to shipment fee of 10 usd via dhl while other have 30+ or 50+ usd, I suspect that other put markup in the shipment fee.

I forgot to mention that I am ordering from penon via AE.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #4,037 of 5,225
cool.gif
I really like this Cable that comes with the Pinnacle P1. I ordered a 2nd one for my AKG N40.

http://www.meeaudio.com/CABLE-MMCX-HE-ZN/

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,038 of 5,225
:cool: I really like this Cable that comes with the Pinnacle P1. I ordered a 2nd one for my AKG N40.

http://www.meeaudio.com/CABLE-MMCX-HE-ZN/

:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: TWIN

I tried to use that cable with my banned IEM and it killed the center stage. Any sound that traveled side to side never appeared in the center. It was very strange. Consensus was that the impedance messed with the BAs.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #4,040 of 5,225
wait now IEMs can be banned?

First page of the Chinese gear thread explains it. That's why we have a banned stored and banned company (DQSM).

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #4,042 of 5,225
Was using my dac line out for lz a4.
Sounded harsh tho more detailed in comparison with headphone out of my mobile phone.

Am I doing it right? :X

line out is usually reserved for amps, then followed by the iem.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #4,043 of 5,225
Was using my dac line out for lz a4.
Sounded harsh tho more detailed in comparison with headphone out of my mobile phone.

Am I doing it right? :X

Should be dac > amp > lz a4

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #4,044 of 5,225
I tried to use that cable with my banned IEM and it killed the center stage. Any sound that traveled side to side never appeared in the center. It was very strange. Consensus was that the impedance messed with the BAs.

cool.gif
Odd. They work perfectly with my N40 (DD + B/A) and any other Earphone I have put them on. Lurk, Did you happen to measure the Cables Impedance? Is it unusually High?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #4,045 of 5,225
:cool: Odd. They work perfectly with my N40 (DD + B/A) and any other Earphone I have put them on. Lurk, Did you happen to measure the Cables Impedance? Is it unusually High?

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Nope, that was just the only explanation of what could be happening. It was so weird how it's just made that IEM basically just Left and Right, no center imaging

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #4,046 of 5,225
Nope, that was just the only explanation of what could be happening. It was so weird how it's just made that IEM basically just Left and Right, no center imaging

figured. Is that how you got the sound to go as far on your shoulders? :S

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #4,050 of 5,225
  Just posted my first ever review on a product. Enjoy! Sorry for the grammar, I'm not a native speaker :D

What source were you using for your review?  I find that these change quite a bit from source to source.  Using my Opus #1, the bass is tamed quite a bit, but still present.  I also had to switch from the blue front filters to black as the treble on my LG V10 was a bit more laid back.  The blue front filter was pretty overwhelming on the Opus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back