Lynx L22 Sound?
Jul 23, 2008 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

100+ Head-Fier
Seriously considering a Lynx L22... does anyone have one and can compare its sound to other DACs, like Benchmark DAC1, Stello DA100, PS Audio Link III?

Actually any comparison or comments at all would be helpful. I'm trying to get an idea of where this soundcard fits in terms of sound quality.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm using Benchmark DAC-1 and one of my friend is using LYNX L22. LYNX L22's digital output is pretty good, but its analog output is impossible to compare with external DACs, I believe DACs cannot work well inside computers due to the terrible working condition.

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm also considering buying one. I haven't heard it yet, but one of the reviews posted on the Lynx site is a review from Steve McCormack the very well regarded audio designer thinks it sounds virtually indistinguishable from his Cranesong external box, and the Cranesong is regarded as a definate step above the Benchmark.

The actual in-computer measurements on the card of 117dB signal to noise just refute the "can't have good performance from an in computer DAC". This card is NOT anything like a consumer card or even cheaper "pro" cards like the Juli.

Again, I have not heard it, but I feel I would trust Steve McCormack more than a head-fier (no offense to anybody here as you trust you all way more than any other blog site I've been to).

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by gyrodec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also considering buying one. I haven't heard it yet, but one of the reviews posted on the Lynx site is a review from Steve McCormack the very well regarded audio designer thinks it sounds virtually indistinguishable from his Cranesong external box, and the Cranesong is regarded as a definate step above the Benchmark.

The actual in-computer measurements on the card of 117dB signal to noise just refute the "can't have good performance from an in computer DAC". This card is NOT anything like a consumer card or even cheaper "pro" cards like the Juli.

Again, I have not heard it, but I feel I would trust Steve McCormack more than a head-fier (no offense to anybody here as you trust you all way more than any other blog site I've been to).

I've used Lynx 2B both as digital output and analogue output for a looong time. It's analogue output attains greatness only if the stock breakout analogue cables are NOT used. When used with nice cables, I preferred Lynx 2B analogue output to DAC's like Empirical Audio modded Perpetual P3, Hagtech Chime (nice DAC!), and even stock PS Audio DLIII. But I do prefer Oritek modded Zhaolu, especially when it's fed by the nice spdif output (modded) from Lynx 2B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back