lying on the sofa headphones
Aug 3, 2005 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mariadoc

Head-Fier
Hai,

The MS-1's i have ordered have to arrive this or the next week. These will probably will suit me very well when listening music (out of my MP3-player) while working/reading/computering/etc. The MS-1 should really make me move my feet, head and arms from what ive read here on the forum.

But although most of the time i'm listening music while doing something else, i also frequently listen music just sitting on a sofa. Then i'm more listening/analysing rather than enjoying my music. Usually on (very) low volume.
Because i can't afford to buy a good pair of speakers, i thought about getting another pair of headphones for this purpose.
The music i listen to coveres a lot, these are some artists i know and listen to now:
Jazz: Miles, Coltrane, Oscar Peterson (funk: Roy Hargrove, Maceo Parker)
Electronic/Dance: Air, Björk, DJ Shadow, Elbow, Massive Attack, Underworld, Moloko/Roisin Murphy, Vitalic etc.
Pop/Rock: Beck, Police, Pink Floyd,PJ Harvey, Gorillaz etc.
Flamenco: Just starting to discover this music

My source isn't that good: An old Marantz reciever and Thorens Record(LP)-Player, and a simple CD-Player. But i probably will upgrade this as soon as i have some more money
rolleyes.gif

Some headphones i am considering:
AKG 271S
Senn 555
AT ATH-A500

But if it is worth spending more money i also consider Beyer 770/(880)/990 or the more expensive Senn's

Hope you guys can/wanna give me some advice,

Marijn

Aug 3, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 11
Huh ?

You are already thinking to upgrade even though you haven't received the MS1 that you ordered?
I think you've been reading a bit too much of Headfi...

Know what, just enjoy the music, I'm quite sure that your CD player + receiver + MS1 will give you a very enjoyful music presentation already.

Don't worry too much about upgrading and just sit back on your couch and enjoy the music instead!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 11
I think the MS1 is analytical enough. Senn. is a real reverse gear in terms of sound, but ya it would be a good idea to have one senn. so u can sample both worlds.

Aug 3, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
See what you like or dislike about the MS-1 and then choose your next headphone accordingly. The MS-1 will be your point of reference.

Good advice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 11
I agree with the ms-1s as a reference point.. they're great for that.

just take your time.

Aug 3, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, listen to the MS-1 for a while, and decide what you like or dislike about it, and then choose accordingly. With my Grado's, I tend to like a more forward presentation in terms of highs/treble, so most of my future headphones will have sparkly highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back