Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Feb 13, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #1,276 of 1,423
Yup! However, W4 now sold as of today.
I am intrigued! Can you say what your top reasons for choosing over the W4 were? I wasn’t feeling the need to upgrade, but you know how it goes… don’t want to be missing out on something better!

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #1,277 of 1,423
I am intrigued! Can you say what your top reasons for choosing over the W4 were? I wasn’t feeling the need to upgrade, but you know how it goes… don’t want to be missing out on something better!
Biggest differences for me are in the staging and imagining departments- I was using my UM MM Mentor for the comparison.

I also have quite a bit of beef with L&P not providing an update for older products (like my W2-131), which no longer work with the new usb-c iPhones. The only solution was to get my unit over to China to have its software updated with me covering shipping both ways...

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #1,278 of 1,423
The only solution was to get my unit over to China to have its software updated with me covering shipping both ways...
Well, that is an excellent reason to have beef. Kind of shocking that that was the only way to fix it!

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #1,283 of 1,423
Maybe you need to reinstall the firmware. Are you using the latest? : V1.0.1.6 AS
I’m unable to install anything
The W4 won’t connect to computer if I look In devices on my PC I get this message

unknown usb device​

Driver issues

I can get it from error 204 by holding the button down when inserting into usb slot to 101 102 etc but still nothing the instructions are very poor
If I unplug and reinsert goes back to 204

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #1,286 of 1,423
I’m unable to install anything
The W4 won’t connect to computer if I look In devices on my PC I get this message

unknown usb device​

Driver issues

I can get it from error 204 by holding the button down when inserting into usb slot to 101 102 etc but still nothing the instructions are very poor
If I unplug and reinsert goes back to 204
I don't have a W4, but on the device itself you are supposed to be able to check your firmware version.
Quoting "Check the current firmware version number: After entering the UAC version menu, long press to display the current firmware version number."

Unsure if it needs Windows drivers. Might want to download the latest firmware update zip file. And run the install tool. MAybe the W4 will be detected?

Also consider trying a different USB Port on your PC, sometimes 1 will work better than another. And sometimes woks better on slower usb port if you have...

Link to download the frimware zip file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12FgZTej2XQZcQ-IBjz9rUnzI577F3ceq/view?usp=drive_linck From Musicteck...

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #1,287 of 1,423
I can’t get past this to check firmware etc

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 29, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #1,290 of 1,423

Users who are viewing this thread

Back