Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Aug 6, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #1,008 of 1,423
Both my W4 & W2 have stopped working with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The dongles power on and look like they’re connected, but there’s no sound. I’ve tested both dongles with an Android device and they still work perfectly, so the issue seems to be isolated to my iPhone. I’ve also tried using a different Lightning to USB-C cable but that hasn’t helped. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried the obvious stuff like rebooting the iPhone and closing/reopening all apps etc. and my apple 3.5mm dongle is working perfectly fine.
Yep, same issue with my iPhone 13 Pro, but the W4 worked fine with my daughters iPhone 12, and my iPad Pro.

My iPhone would recognize the W4 device, and seem to play through to it, but I got no sound. I wonder if there’s been an iOS update specific to iPhone 13’s that‘s caused this, if both of your W2 & W4 worked previously..

Aug 6, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #1,009 of 1,423
Both my W4 & W2 have stopped working with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The dongles power on and look like they’re connected, but there’s no sound. I’ve tested both dongles with an Android device and they still work perfectly, so the issue seems to be isolated to my iPhone. I’ve also tried using a different Lightning to USB-C cable but that hasn’t helped. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried the obvious stuff like rebooting the iPhone and closing/reopening all apps etc. and my apple 3.5mm dongle is working perfectly fine.
Strangely, mine is working with my 14 Pro
I'm running iOS 16.6 and LP 1.0.1.6

Aug 6, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #1,011 of 1,423
What phone can you recommend that will work with full potential power, even with Ru7?
I am Android/PC guy, they all work, sorry, perhaps that doesn't help your case.
But it sounds crazy replacing the phone for dongle compatibility, not sure if you were serious with your question.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #1,012 of 1,423
I am Android/PC guy, they all work, sorry, perhaps that doesn't help your case.
But it sounds crazy replacing the phone for dongle compatibility, not sure if you were serious with your question.
My W4 with Ru7 should arrive end of the week. If W4 will not work great with iPhone, will buy an Android phone. As I know, not all Android phones support the full potential of OTG audio dongles, and some of them also limit the power.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #1,015 of 1,423
That use to be the case for UK, but now everything arrives in 7 days, at least for me.😜
I placed the order, maybe you're right and it'll arrive fast

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #1,017 of 1,423
I just got my W4. Compared to the W2 OG, it sounds darker, and the bass is quite different. Instead of having fakely boosted sub-bass, it has more linear bass but, to my ears, still fakely slightly boosted. Fakely - means with DSP. But sound more mature and fuller, and there are definitely sound improvements. I need to find Windows PC to update the firmware. It doesn't want to work with Apple Camera Kit, so I can't measure power consumption from my iPhone. However, from my first impression, it still sounds worse from iPhone compared to the Macbook.

Update: My unit also clicks (pop) when I change or even scroll the music. It is only on 3.5mm output.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,018 of 1,423
It's a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has a Galaxy Fold 5 and is using it with their W4?
I was at an audio store comparing the W4 and the RU7 today and for some reason the W4 just would only connect to my phone 10% of the time. The RU7 worked flawlessly every time. This was a real shame as I found the W4 to be really good actually when it did work, and paired with my IEMs better than the RU7 did.

Perhaps the store didn't have the updated firmware on their unit..? Any input would be appreciated, thanks all!

Aug 12, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,019 of 1,423
I am finally ready to say goodbye to my WM1A. W4 is so good it even surpasses WM1A with the resolution. It only loose to Sony with timbre.
Listening to Caligula's Horse - Dream the Dead with UE Live, Filter set to Slow, and Tune to 2, I never could imagine that someday portable dac/amp could give such a natural bass attack.
IMG_5605 Large.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back