Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 18, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #392 of 1,423
Not with any IEM I've tried so far, which runs the extremes from BGVP DMG, ER-4RX, IER-Z1R to EE Odin.

Tested with a silent track (all zero-amplitude samples) to ensure the DAC/amp is operating, as well as with silent passages in normal music, on high gain, at full volume.
Do you have W2 to test the same as honestly I've never heard hissing with W2 OG either. May be my IEMs are not sensitive enough.

May 18, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #393 of 1,423
Could it perhaps depend on what it is connected with? Interference?

May 18, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #394 of 1,423
Do you have W2 to test the same as honestly I've never heard hissing with W2 OG either. May be my IEMs are not sensitive enough.
I posted the question originally. The 64Audio U18T hisses with the W2 OG, while it’s silent on the Topping G5. I still have both on hand.

May 18, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #395 of 1,423
I posted the question originally. The 64Audio U18T hisses with the W2 OG, while it’s silent on the Topping G5. I still have both on hand.
They have extremely low 9 Ohm impedance which is probably why.
Dunu SA6 (60 Ohm), Monarch MKII (36 Ohm) are dead quiet here.

May 18, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #396 of 1,423
Sorry, didn't realize Switzerland moved their geographic location from Europe to somewhere else :p I guess you are referring to EU from economic perspective, a bit foreign to us here in US :)

But either way, looking forward to spend more time with these!

1684428395273.png
In theory it's Europe but from practical perspective it doesn't count since you still need to pay vat and import tax because it's not EU.

May 18, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #397 of 1,423
Wow, love your usb cable solution! What angled cable is that?

Might want look into getting the L shaped usb c to usb c otg solution.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...!sea!US!4192284283&curPageLogUid=GoKOLMrRAXaT

IMG_0219.jpeg

May 18, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #398 of 1,423
Anyone have any luck updating the firmware on the W4 with a Mac running Windows 10 in Parallels? It looks like some on the W2 thread had trouble updating with a Mac running Parallels. Ugh, now to find a friend with a Windows machine...

May 18, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #399 of 1,423
Except, Hifigo is not their authorized sellers, meaning the warranty coverage/support will not be honored through manufacturer.

I have seen recently a number of manufacturers posting on their FB pages a warning not to buy from unauthorized sellers, with Hifigo being mentioned by UM, Lotoo, and others.
Buying from an unofficial shop is not a crime and does not mean not having given trust in the brand that produces the product.
Sorry to be a bit OT, but how does an unofficial shop obtain product to sell? And if you do purchase from an unauthorised retailer, it’s a roll of the dice for any after sale support.
Even if Switzerland is less than 200km from my home,
Would be a pleasant drive and I’m guessing the cost of petrol would be a lot less than the VAT… that’s what I’d do. But then I live in a country where it’s impossible to drive to another one so what do I know. 🤷‍♂️

May 18, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #400 of 1,423
Sorry to be a bit OT, but how does an unofficial shop obtain product to sell? And if you do purchase from an unauthorised retailer, it’s a roll of the dice for any after sale support.
I'm in Italy and therefore for me the assistance given by the manufacturer which is often found in China is worth very little (personal experience)... a 20%/30%/40% discount is much closer to me and my wallet. I'd rather take a less expensive risk...lol

May 18, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #401 of 1,423
Do you have W2 to test the same as honestly I've never heard hissing with W2 OG either.

I don't, sorry.

I never bought the W2 as I did run into issues hitting the iPhone's power-limiter there.

The 64Audio U18T hisses with the W2 OG, while it’s silent on the Topping G5.

They have extremely low 9 Ohm impedance which is probably why.

The EE Odin are 3 ohms; no hiss at all.

U18T is 9 ohms @ 111 dB/mW, and Odin are 3 ohms @ 108 dB/mW, so the U18T need about half the power for the same dB/SPL - which would make them (the U18T) more susceptible to hiss, if such noise was present.

May 18, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #402 of 1,423
just being alerted by Wan of LP of this thread...He asked me to thank all who had shown intetested in W4, in particular those, who had spent time to write a review and/or translated the related materials.

I dont hv any W4, am still relying on my LP6Ti...but after reading cleios's review.think i should get one for travelling...
You should definitely consider it. Especially now that it consumes much less power from the source than previous iterations. I am also very pleased how it powers the more difficult to drive iems with conviction now. :)

May 18, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #403 of 1,423
You should definitely consider it. Especially now that it consumes much less power from the source than previous iterations. I am also very pleased how it powers the more difficult to drive iems with conviction now. :)
The power draw benefit seems quite meaningful for anyone who has experienced this particular issue. I haven’t, but that is probably more about the amount of time I keep the dongle attached to my phone in any single session, maybe being less than other users.

You mention that the W4 powers more difficult to drive IEMs with conviction… which IEMs do you find difficult to drive with other dongles, and in particular with respect to the W1 and W2?

May 18, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #404 of 1,423
Oh really? In my experience, W2 is only the dongle that does not hiss with the Trio 5.5Ohms. I have seen that you are using M11 pro and QP1R too, do they hiss with U18t?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back