Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 3, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #196 of 1,423
I also will use with Odyssey, but basically I don't need that much power and if that's only difference but sound is otherwise same i will be getting the cheapest if any

May 4, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #198 of 1,423
So if I understand correctly the case and W4 will magnetically attach to the phone? Does it work well with an Apple MagSafe case?
Now if correct it's really a killer feature :heart_eyes:

May 4, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #199 of 1,423
I found, thrown in a drawer, an old Jitterbug Audioquest that I used with the Dragonfly red (with no noticeable difference), do you think it might make sense to connect it to one of these new dacs? Do any of you still use it? How should the audio improve in your opinion? Thank you.
Sorry if I went a bit off-topic.

May 4, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #200 of 1,423
I found, thrown in a drawer, an old Jitterbug Audioquest that I used with the Dragonfly red (with no noticeable difference), do you think it might make sense to connect it to one of these new dacs? Do any of you still use it? How should the audio improve in your opinion? Thank you.
Sorry if I went a bit off-topic.
I wouldn't bother as W2 and W4 I assume are more advanced and don't need anything added to improve the sound output. But the choice is yours, try and see if you find an improvement in sound.

May 4, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #201 of 1,423
Looks like that W4 and W4ex are both up for pre-order at Musicteck! ETA May 15-20

W4: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/luxury-precision-w4-portable-usb-dac-amp-headphone-amp

W4 EX: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/luxury-precision-w4-ex-portable-usb-dac-amp-headphone-amp

IMG_2273.png

May 4, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #205 of 1,423
I hope some owners can post reviews comparing the sound quality of the W2 to the W4 soon. Would also love to see it compared to the sound quality of the Chord Mojo 2. I like the W2 for its convenience and I know that Golden Sound says it measures really well, but I find it to be a bit dry-sounding. I’ve been thinking my next upgrade would be from the W2 to the Mojo 2, but the W4 has piqued my interest.

May 4, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #206 of 1,423
Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #209 of 1,423
I hope some owners can post reviews comparing the sound quality of the W2 to the W4 soon. Would also love to see it compared to the sound quality of the Chord Mojo 2. I like the W2 for its convenience and I know that Golden Sound says it measures really well, but I find it to be a bit dry-sounding. I’ve been thinking my next upgrade would be from the W2 to the Mojo 2, but the W4 has piqued my interest.
@Damz87 should be able to chime in soon as he’s having both now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back