Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Apr 26, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #1,397 of 1,407
New firmware. No more switching clicks when when skipping tracks with different bit rates in uapp. Very nice.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #1,399 of 1,407
I have the W4 EX and see no iem profiles. I'm guessing that this is a feature only on the W4, not the EX.
Not really. IEM profiles are supported since the original W1 / W2 series. It is under 'SDF' setting.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #1,401 of 1,407
Just remember this W4 specific twist when updating.

The firmware update method for W4 series is slightly different from that of W1 /W2 series.
When the firmware update tool prompts "Verifying Success", it means the writing is complete. When the screen
stays on the "LUXURY&PRECISION" logo interface, disconnect the USB connection. After reinserting the USB, the
screen will display "Updating". Wait for about ten seconds, and the firmware update will be completed.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #1,402 of 1,407
Wondering how this suits the Traillii OG or if Normal is still the setting to use with it.
It doesn't hurt to try. I've already tried all SDF settings with the IE900 and Traillii OG, but stayed with Normal in the end. Occasionally, I listen to an album that needs some adjustment, luckily, we have both SDF and EQ on the W4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back