Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 16, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #76 of 5,299
And the W1 consumes a lot of the battery of your iPhone? If so, do you think the consumption of the W1 is higher than the S1 or Sparrow?
Tbh man, I never check battery consumption that close cause my phone already gets depleted quite fast. One thing is for sure, w1 sounds a heck better than the sparrow.

i think it last longer with the w1, I’ll try to keep an eye on it tomorrow at work

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #77 of 5,299
Ootb

Oem Cables are pretty good, even though it ain’t braided, they feel quite good, rubbery feel but kinda gives security since they are going to be flexing in pockets.

sound
3.5 jack (cause im lazy to get my 4.4 cable right now) WOW! Sound wise it’s quite organic, I’m testing with imr pb2 (one of the most source dependent pairs I own) and sound is quite impressive, though soundstage feels a wee small (again, im on my iPhone with a 3.5 Jack)

Plenty of options for eq (staying on normal or no eq right now) high and low gain really similar to ltps1 (low for highly sensible iems) Dac filter options as well (slow, fast, ll slow, ll fast) Option to shut down the screen and a hid button option (thats the only thing i have no idea what is it for...) I’m quite impressed with it, will report in a couple of days.

quick edit: plugged to my laptop, as ltp s1, it just got better... WAY better

quick edit 2: this thing is worth every penny, damn... leave alone the measurements and the numbers, Master of Puppets (studio Track) just ... DAMN! the earman sparrow and e1da 9038s g3 are good... but this thing WOW... seriously... and im still in 3.5... the headroom and the background are outstanding and the presentation is just impressive. im saying this cause the pb2 has been a pain in the butt to drive properly, and ive been playing around with iems all week long (thanks lockdown) and with this, i can hear Cliff in all its splendor, im just a/b 'ing with ztella and xduoo xd05+ the L&P makes em dust

Do you prefer L&P W2 over Lotoo S1?

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #79 of 5,299
Where can I buy it?

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #80 of 5,299
Jan 17, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #81 of 5,299
Where can I buy it?
sorry, i was just paying half attention when answering, i currently own w1; w2 is not for sale yet, however w1 is pretty amazing, it does surpass s1 in sq imo. totally recommended, hifigo does have stock, i would mail them first still though

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #83 of 5,299
I will wait W2 and see main differences with W1.
W2 will have same dimension and weight?

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #84 of 5,299
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #85 of 5,299
To anyone who has any of the L&P dongles as well as the Lotoo S1 on hand - how do they compare in their tunings?

Besides Frequency Response, how does imaging and staging compare? Lotoo sounds quite holographic for a little dongle :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 18, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #87 of 5,299
To anyone who has any of the L&P dongles as well as the Lotoo S1 on hand - how do they compare in their tunings?

Besides Frequency Response, how does imaging and staging compare? Lotoo sounds quite holographic for a little dongle :)

We are still waiting for new owners with impressions. I have my eyes on L&P as well as it seems it could set the new bar to such dongles :)

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #88 of 5,299
i just got my Paw S1 last week. I love it so far, but now I find myself wondering If I should buy a L&P W1 or W2 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back