Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 24, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,397 of 5,294
Since it is pretty much impossible to purchase W2 can someone please make a small comparison of W1 agains Lotoo S1?
I believe several people had both of them and could you please share what is their difference in sound signature?
Thanks!

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #1,399 of 5,294
Ordered one in for use with my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Look forward to putting i

Ordered one in for use with my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Look forward to putting it to the test.
I am using it with the S21ultra. Works well thought obviously not up to the sound quality of mid to high DAPS.

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #1,400 of 5,294
I am using it with the S21ultra. Works well thought obviously not up to the sound quality of mid to high DAPS.
Compared to iBasso Dx160. Which one sounds "better"?
Thx

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #1,401 of 5,294
I find these generalizations very dangerous if not covered by a serious deep review with different pairings of IEMs and headphones like @twister6 is doing.

People here generally have limited gear and therefore also base their findings only on those and even past experiences can be biased if not compared side by side within comparable conditions like same source, volume, songs etc.

I can only repeat what I wrote several times
W2 is showing clarity, holography and stage plus clean bass, layering of instruments better than S1 on my Andro Golds but worse than my flagship DAP DX220 MAX which costs almost 6 times as much.
But on my DAP they are hissing, on W2 they are dead silent.
My 7 Ohm Andros pair much better with W2 than with AK SR25 which had no bass and body - but might be great with other IEMs / phones.
So it's extremely important to know the synergy of your IEM with your source, I wouldn't dare to generalize such findings...

I can connect to any current or future phone and am kind of future proof while DAPs may run out of battery, OS, platform support etc
For MY IEM I think it's an end game dongle which is not on par with flagship DAPs but I would speculate with midfi DAPs up to 1000 bucks if the synergy with your IEM is right!

Waiting for a nice review of the likes of twister to get some solid fundament for individual experiences...

PS: if all of that sounds too great: while great on my IEM I don't like it on my Full Size cans Denon Ah D9200, so a very specific use case for me but still happy with it.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,405 of 5,294
Yes bought mine from Musicteck, such a pleasure to deal with, fantastic service.
I confirm, super shop even ordering from Europe and Andrew is caring about customers also after sales...

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #1,408 of 5,294
I didn't think the source of audio files made a difference in terms of SQ or amplification but I just switched from Audivarna on my Mac to Tidal on my S20, I had to increase the volume on the W2 from about 35 to 50, the audio in both cases hi-res.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,409 of 5,294
I find these generalizations very dangerous if not covered by a serious deep review with different pairings of IEMs and headphones like @twister6 is doing.

People here generally have limited gear and therefore also base their findings only on those and even past experiences can be biased if not compared side by side within comparable conditions like same source, volume, songs etc.

I can only repeat what I wrote several times
W2 is showing clarity, holography and stage plus clean bass, layering of instruments better than S1 on my Andro Golds but worse than my flagship DAP DX220 MAX which costs almost 6 times as much.
But on my DAP they are hissing, on W2 they are dead silent.
My 7 Ohm Andros pair much better with W2 than with AK SR25 which had no bass and body - but might be great with other IEMs / phones.
So it's extremely important to know the synergy of your IEM with your source, I wouldn't dare to generalize such findings...

I can connect to any current or future phone and am kind of future proof while DAPs may run out of battery, OS, platform support etc
For MY IEM I think it's an end game dongle which is not on par with flagship DAPs but I would speculate with midfi DAPs up to 1000 bucks if the synergy with your IEM is right!

Waiting for a nice review of the likes of twister to get some solid fundament for individual experiences...

PS: if all of that sounds too great: while great on my IEM I don't like it on my Full Size cans Denon Ah D9200, so a very specific use case for me but still happy with it.

Can you please elaborate a bit more the PS part about the Denon 9200? :) Thanks

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,410 of 5,294
I didn't think the source of audio files made a difference in terms of SQ or amplification but I just switched from Audivarna on my Mac to Tidal on my S20, I had to increase the volume on the W2 from about 35 to 50, the audio in both cases hi-res.
Yep, I think the USB-C voltage is different in Mac, therefore it is louder.
I have also made this experience.
Though check the Tidal local volume setting just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back