Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #1,621 of 5,299
I got mine from MusicTeck last week and I been testing a lot! I am impressed by this little thing! It perform so good and I love how portable it is and the sound is absolutely amazing. I been using with 3.5 because I only have 2.5 mm cable. I ordered a 2.5 to 4.4 which should get delivered soon. Hopefully it will sound even better with 4.4 mm.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #1,622 of 5,299
I got my W2 from Musicteck as well. I've been testing it with an iPhone 6 to stream Roon. I've been listening balanced with my Campfire Andromeda's. The volume level is good at about 25 on low gain. There is low noise, lots of detail, and a deep and wide soundstage. I also have the Luxury & Precision L6 and P6 Pro. The W2 has a resolving, authentic sound signature that feels right at home next to the L6 and P6 Pro.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #1,623 of 5,299
As for all the interruption and clicking sound issues with W2, I would recommend to have a check on the output of the source.

I have been using my W2 for almost 3 weeks, and I did experience some interruptions and very obvious clicking noise while playing with W2 connected to my laptop USB-C port using the stock cable. After switching to the USB-A port on my laptop with the stock USB-C to A adaptor, the W2 plays flawlessly and so far hasn't run into the issue again.

(glad my W2 is fully functioning, but also exposed a malfunctioning laptop...)

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #1,625 of 5,299
As preperation for my minimalistic player-dongle setup experiment with W2 and Shanling Q1, I have ordered this Y USB-C adapter plus a tiny power bank for longer playtime
https://smile.amazon.de/dp/B08RD2XPT3

What I am wondering about for all Y USB-C adapters I have seen:
They all seem to have an inbuilt DAC!
While I understand that this is needed for playing with USB headphones I don't understand why there is no adapter for just one channel power and the other data stream?
I am a bit afraid that such a built in DAC will do some processing which I actually want to avoid and let W2 do the job...

An Apple Y-camera connection kit doesn't have an inbuilt DAC in comparison, right?
I have been using the latter one extensively with IPad Pro and W2 without issues but now need a pure Y USB-C solution

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #1,626 of 5,299
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #1,627 of 5,299
@FooFighter

I keep lurking on this thread, thinking of buying the W2. I‘m currently using a USB C OTG charging adapter with my phone (V30), UAPP and either of my USB dac/amps I own that delivers a pure data stream and has so far worked flawlessly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KPD5S82/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Forgot to initially quote the post.
That's exactly what I need, without DAC as it looks like.
Unbelievable that I can't find such an adapter in German webshops, don't want to deal with long delivery and taxes for every tiny adapter I need 😢
All the ones I find here are with built in DAC or they are clumsy with USB-A instead of only 3 times USB-C

Edit: Thx, your suggestion looks solid, I have ordered it now and am willing to pay for the delivery as I expect it to last for some years

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #1,628 of 5,299
I think the burn in really works for the W2. I have been using mine for 30 hours now and the sound has really improved. Was great straight from the box but now everything is better. Wider stage, more clarity, deeper punchier bass, very precise instrument separation and black background.
I have no problems at all with the included USB type C cable, but it shall receive maybe tomorrow a 180 degree cable from Ali for better portability.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #1,630 of 5,299
I bought mine from "huo guang Store" on AliExpress.
So far so good.
Also checked this store but that's a rare case when AliExpress price is ~20% higher than official one :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #1,631 of 5,299
Plus needing to be lucky with delivery, my cables, adapter is stuck in Aliexpress, Belgium hub Liege-Linehaul since 1 week and not moving...

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #1,632 of 5,299
Plus needing to be lucky with delivery, my cables, adapter is stuck in Aliexpress, Belgium hub Liege-Linehaul since 1 week and not moving...

I have stuff sitting there since the 15th March, originally ordered on the 27th of Feb. I've been more fortunate with some other orders but I do find it tends to be about a month.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #1,633 of 5,299
The w2 has 235mwatt at 32 ohm on balanced output... but the w1?
Has the same output power? Thanks

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,635 of 5,299
That's brave and also shows how much the technology has improved.
Now, imagine a USB dongle amp similar to the W2 made by Chord Electronics.
Can't wait:

Introducing the Chord Victor USB dongle, a relative bargain at £3,999.

Victor2Go streaming add-on available for an extra £2,999 at a later release date. Bugs have already been reported pre-launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back