Luxury & Precision E7: Impressions and Discussions
May 13, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #61 of 162
I found the lag in the UI to be similar between the p6p ti and e7, which is pretty bad. Maybe both of my units are faulty, but I would not call it blazing fast with zero lag. There is a very noticeable delay while scrolling and good luck moving quickly through your list. Not a big deal for me, since I sort by genre and artist. But I would not feel comfortable ever telling someone that these DAPS are onpar with any modern day one.

I only use the folder option to search for tracks and this applies to all my DAPs. The P6P Ti to me feels slower in comparison to my E7. The P6P Ti is by no means laggy but the E7 just feels more nimble. The scrolling is fast and I even find it too fast at times scrolling more than I expected. So I had to learn to slow down and use my fingers to scroll the list rather than just doing a quick flick on the screen. It def seems comparable to the other TOTLs Android I’ve owned without the hanging and delays. But it’s still early days so I’ll continue to monitor.

I did find a bug during my 1st day where the UI is laggy and u responsive while the player is being charged. I believe L&P’s upcoming new FW will resolve this.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #62 of 162
May 14, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #63 of 162
Just received E7 from Musicteck. Only a few hours in so far but a great experience. Scanned over 13k files pretty quick.

I did notice that with BT on it was a little noisy when no music was playing or if there were silence in a song. Hopefully, they can minimize this going forward.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #64 of 162
Just received E7 from Musicteck. Only a few hours in so far but a great experience. Scanned over 13k files pretty quick.

I did notice that with BT on it was a little noisy when no music was playing or if there were silence in a song. Hopefully, they can minimize this going forward.
Congrats!

Quick question about the noise on BT: what were you streaming from? That may help the LP team see if that is repeatable and then diagnose the issue. For myself, I tend to stream from certain DAPs such as DX260 and DX320 and have not encountered that issue thus far. Oh yes! What sort of noise were you getting?

May 14, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #65 of 162
Congrats!

Quick question about the noise on BT: what were you streaming from? That may help the LP team see if that is repeatable and then diagnose the issue. For myself, I tend to stream from certain DAPs such as DX260 and DX320 and have not encountered that issue thus far. Oh yes! What sort of noise were you getting?
Thanks @Kiats!
I tried it out on my iPhone 15 Pro Max but haven't tried my other android devices yet. It's noticeable when BT was on, as soon as I turned it off the noise disappeared. At the time I was using my CIEM Odin on low gain. The noise itself sounded like digital interference, almost like when you use dongles with your phone with the mobile network on. Not sure if my ears are just super sensitive but for me it was quite noticeable.
Right now trying with the Fitear DC, I can't make it out on high gain. So its only there with sensitive IEMs.

May 14, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #66 of 162
Thanks @Kiats!
I tried it out on my iPhone 15 Pro Max but haven't tried my other android devices yet. It's noticeable when BT was on, as soon as I turned it off the noise disappeared. At the time I was using my CIEM Odin on low gain. The noise itself sounded like digital interference, almost like when you use dongles with your phone with the mobile network on. Not sure if my ears are just super sensitive but for me it was quite noticeable.
Right now trying with the Fitear DC, I can't make it out on high gain. So its only there with sensitive IEMs.

Ah OK. Thanks for the details.

Look forward to hearing more about your impressions and experience as you spend more time with the E7. :)

May 14, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #67 of 162
By the way, there is a new Firmware v1.0.4 dated 13th May 2024, for which the file is named E7_V1.0.4_2024.5.13.rar. I understand that the authorized distributors should be receiving the file soon. I understand that, inter alia, this firmware:

1. Resolves some reported issues with display when operating while the E7 is being charged.
  2. It also gives more accurate control of the adjustments of voltage.
I have also added this to the bottom of post #1 at the top of this thread for easy reference in the future. Once I get further details, I will make the necessary adjustments there. :)

May 14, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #69 of 162
Thanks, will do. honeymoon phase so i hope it settles down the more i listen to it.

Yeah… having already heard one E7 as it burns in, I will say that it will open up and smoothen out as it burns in. In fact, the 3 tunings will appeal to you at different stages of burn in. :wink:

May 14, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #70 of 162
By the way, there is a new Firmware v1.0.4 dated 13th May 2024, for which the file is named E7_V1.0.4_2024.5.13.rar. I understand that the authorized distributors should be receiving the file soon. I understand that, inter alia, this firmware:

1. Resolves some reported issues with display when operating while the E7 is being charged.
  2. It also gives more accurate control of the adjustments of voltage.

I got both a 4-28 update and 5-13-24 for 1.0.4, but the DAP continues to show 4-22-24 1.0.4 after I apply the update. When I goto update, it detects the firmware image on the sdcard, reboots to the rocket icon and applies.

Does the date change under "System Info" to match the firmware that was applied?

May 14, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #71 of 162
I got both a 4-28 update and 5-13-24 for 1.0.4, but the DAP continues to show 4-22-24 1.0.4 after I apply the update. When I goto update, it detects the firmware image on the sdcard, reboots to the rocket icon and applies.

Does the date change under "System Info" to match the firmware that was applied?
Mine remains the same. Same as yours. :)

May 14, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #72 of 162
Mine remains the same. Same as yours. :)

They really should match the date to the patch or a sub rev number, so people can verify what version they are on.

May 14, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #73 of 162
One important point I missed in my earlier post is the transparency of the E7. The player simply shines with good quality recordings while the poorly recorded ones will sound downright bad.

I have used the player pretty extensively in the last 2 days and happy to reaffirm that I experience no lag or delays while searching for tracks or scrolling using both the album and artist search functions.

I am now also leaning towards the Low Distortion tuning which sounds to be a happy medium between the HD and HT tuning. Most neutral of the 3 tunings yet still sounding very musical.

Back to more listening now! :)

May 14, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #74 of 162
I am now also leaning towards the Low Distortion tuning which sounds to be a happy medium between the HD and HT tuning. Most neutral of the 3 tunings yet still sounding very musical.
I agree! I find the LD tuning to be my favorite with HT being the runner up. For me, HD just raises the treble a little too much and sounds peaky at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back