Luxury & Precision E7: Impressions and Discussions
May 22, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #136 of 245
Hey guys I am not the most computer savvy. I'm trying to download the update as I just got my E7 today. I am getting this message saying that Windows can't unzip my file. I've tried two different computers with the same message. Is there anybody that can help me here? Sorry to be a bugPXL_20240522_044230411.MP.jpg
You can use winrar to extract the update. You'll need to download the free version and install it.

May 22, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #137 of 245
Hi Kiats, yes, I will contact them. Thanks for your help!
Just got reply from resellar. BT is intentionally disabled due to missing Japan Giteki certification (like FCC in the US). I am not sure this is just including Giteki Icon to display somewhere in the system info or not certified as of yet. Reseller said they will fix in future FW releases but without timeline.

Well, I am one of lucky ones managed to pick up FW that does not block BT so fine with me.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #138 of 245
Just got reply from resellar. BT is intentionally disabled due to missing Japan Giteki certification (like FCC in the US). I am not sure this is just including Giteki Icon to display somewhere in the system info or not certified as of yet. Reseller said they will fix in future FW releases but without timeline.

Well, I am one of lucky ones managed to pick up FW that does not block BT so fine with me.
That is unfortunate. But never mind. At least you have one FW version that works with BT. I suppose that is why the official release of the E7 is later in Japan. Fingers crossed that certification will come soon! :)

May 23, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #139 of 245
@Uncle Wilson at Jaben Singapore still has the E7 demo unit from the time of CJ SG. And I understand new stocks are on the way. :)

Heads up for those who have been asking @Uncle Wilson about the time of arrival of new stock of the E7: I understand that the stock has indeed arrived! :)

May 23, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #140 of 245
I have been playing with the E7 for a week. I did not feel so much of a difference with Aura (sounds great of course) but Raven. I played Raven with W4, Mojo2, SP3000, RME ADE-2/4 but Raven performs very different with the E7. The mids to subbase emphasis of Raven fits extrelemy well with how E7 plays. Amazing imaging yet so organic and sweet. Very addictive.

May 23, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #141 of 245
I have thus far spent most of my time on the E7 with the Fitear customs: the DC Ti, Titan, Air2, DC and MH335ht. In particular, the E7 sounds spectacular with the DC Ti and Titan, especially if you switch to the HD tuning because the sound stage and layering is impressive. Of course, at the end of the day, my favourite tuning is still HT because of my preferred genres. :)

May 24, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #142 of 245
I bought the L&P E7.
It's not a cheap purchase for me.
Unlike previous products, it was also attractive that it has gapless playback.
However, when I actually used it, I was disappointed.
Even though it has a gapless function, the order of the songs on the album is alphabetical. This is a waste of the gapless function.
I think that the OS (firmware) developers at L&P did not consider operability.
Displaying albums in alphabetical order is an insult to album musicians.
I want the E7 to support ID3 Tags as soon as possible, just like other companies.
If not, I will have to give up my E7 and will not recommend it to my friends.

May 24, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #143 of 245
I bought the L&P E7.
Even though it has a gapless function, the order of the songs on the album is alphabetical. This is a waste of the gapless function.
I want the E7 to support ID3 Tags as soon as possible, just like other companies.
I agree. It makes no sense to have gapless playback and then order the tracks alphabetically. ID3 Tags is a must.

May 24, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #144 of 245
Yeah I thought that was strange. I just thought that I hadn't figured out a setting.

May 24, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #145 of 245
I bought the L&P E7.

What!? L&P still hasn't sort this out. If I'm not mistaken their previous DAP also has this issues, the OS can't read id tags properly.

May 24, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #146 of 245

a detailed analysis live stream in Hong Kong.
from the video, the e7 drops 1% battery around every 5mins when playing and monitor on WITHOUT earphones plugged in.

he also tried something that not many people able to do: to plug an exclusive board to a standard main unit. the results: the standard main unit recognizes the exclusive board successfully and lp tuning appears from the menu

that's means there is a possibility that you buy a standard version for any reason now, if there is another board module available (such as r2r, 4499, 9039), you can buy an exclusive version and use it ((provided the manufacturer allows (such as showing the receipt to prove you have bought the exclusive version))you to buy and they don't block this act in future firmware update)

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #147 of 245
The E7 accompanying me on an intercontinental flight to London. It got the call over the LP R2R DAPs I have. I will confess that having 3 tunings in one compact machine clinched it for me. And great BT connectivity with the Shanling M9+ is also excellent! :)
IMG_4909.jpeg

May 25, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #148 of 245
Sorry if I am missing something here but I was expecting Settings > USB Connect > Msc Mode would allow me to connect the device to my PC. No?
It's not connecting so obviously I must be doing something wrong here.

May 25, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #149 of 245
Sorry if I am missing something here but I was expecting Settings > USB Connect > Msc Mode would allow me to connect the device to my PC. No?
It's not connecting so obviously I must be doing something wrong here.
There should be an option for it when you swipe down from the top to access the quick menu. You can select MSC mode or USB DAC. If I remember correctly in MISC mode when connecting to a USB cable a pop up will appear where you can select the preferred option.

May 25, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #150 of 245
There should be an option for it when you swipe down from the top to access the quick menu. You can select MSC mode or USB DAC. If I remember correctly in MISC mode when connecting to a USB cable a pop up will appear where you can select the preferred option.
Yeah I saw that option every time I connect the device to my PC. It seems device is not compatible with Windows 11 as I had no issue connecting to its SD drive using my old Windows 10 machine. No internal drive as it seems. Hmm...Sound wise amazing clarity and resolution with big sound stage making Ti99 sound even bloated in bottom end in comparison. It doesn't mean Ti99 sounds inferior but different. I still like old fashion organic sound of Ti99. Still sounds quite romantic...So far positive impression on E7 but needs more play time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back