Luxman DA250 Loaner program announcement!
May 24, 2016 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

I have the Luxman DA250 in hand and am breaking it in and preparing it to go out to 5 - and I MUST limit the program to 5 loaner participants. So, if you have an interest in buying this jack of all trades piece, sign up and you can audition it in your home for 1 week. I expect to ship it out early next week.

Here are the loaner rules...

Send your name and address as well as a telephone number and your Head-Fi user name to me at todd@ttvjaudio.com. Do NOT PM me as you will not be included in the program without an email.
You will get the loaner for 1 week to use in your home with your system. After your one week is up, you must send it to the next loaner participant. Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com) the tracking info so I can pass it on to the recipient.
Write a review and post it in this Head-Fi  loaner thread. It must be posted in this announcement thread for the loaner program. Please do not post it somewhere else!
Once you have received the loaner, email me to let me know you have it and I will send the address for the next person.
Our loaner programs are USA only. We are restricted from shipping/selling outside the USA on most products.

Look forward to your emails.

Todd

May 31, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 6
HI All,

OK, we have the program full. It shipped out to the first loaner participant today! I am waiting of rthe Head-Fi handles for the other 2 participants and will post them soon.

1  odanovich
3  aneep
4  che15

6  MJLavelle

Enjoy!

Todd

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey guys, I have received the loaner Luxman DA250 this past Friday! It came to me brand new in the box and I have given it a few days to warm up. Fortunately I am off tomorrow so I will have plenty of time to review the product. . I am very excited to put it through its paces.

I will be comparing it to the Sim Moon Neo 430ha and the Chord Hugo. Additionally I will test the hugo as a standalone DAC to compare against the built in DAC onboard the Luxman.

I look forward to sharing my findings with the head-fi community. Please stay tune.....

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi Folks,

This loaner program is still in progress. The Luxman DA250 is a fabulous DAC and headphone amp. We have seen this product listed on Amazon for about $700 less than the US model. Here is the catch should you elect to go that way...

The units are 100v and will not perform up to the standards of the US 115v units. They just don't sound as good putting 110-120v into a 100 volt unit.

You get a 1 year warranty that forces you to ship it back to the company you purchased it from and then you have a long wait and an expensive repair bill. The US models all come with a 3 year warranty and are repaired in the USA by On A Higher Note, the importer and US distributor. With the one year warranty, service if needed would be carried out in Japan. Shipping both ways at owners expense.

Japanese domestic model will require a step- down transformer, which will degrade the sound quality. Compared to Luxman's dedicated 115volt power supply in the Export model. This will also cost good money for a good step down transformer adding to the initial purchase price..

Resale value of these 100v units is greatly diminished as the have no US warranty, support and they are sonically inferior to the units sold through US distribution.

You get phone and email support and help should you experience problems connecting it to you player - whether it be Roon, iRiver or any other source player with units purchased form a US reseller.

And last but far from least, TTVJAudio supplies at our cost, various units to try in home. This means you get to hear it and use it and make sure it is something you want to own and use in your rig. This is not without cost to us and effort to get it to you. These sales are how we stay in business and how we can in turn support you, our very valued customers.

In the end, it is our analysis that the best and safest way to purchase these unit are to buy them from a US reseller. They will sound better, are able to be repaired without it costing a small fortune, and allow us to support you with your questions. The units will also retain much more of their value and are not problematic for those who by used units to get them repaired in the USA.

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 6
HI All,

I have the loaner back here and am offering a last call to anyone who would like to audition this unit. It is an awesome DAC and headphone amp and worthy of consideration! Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com)  and the same loaner rules apply as always.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back