Lusting for previous equipment?
Jul 27, 2005 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

ReDVsion

Headphoneus Supremus
It occurrs to me that some of the gear I sold off in my eariler days on head-fi I am now looking at buying again. I rekindled my love of the DT880s at the Ft. Worth meet after having listened to them out of the Raptor. In addition to this I'm starting to monitor the Amps FS forum for a Gilmore V1 since I need a good amp with 2 inputs and a pre-out (and I don't want to shell out $750 for a GS-1... yikes!). If I bought both of these I'd basically have my old headphone system back again! (minus my AP2496, but after I sold that I just got the next step up in the line...)

Anyone else had a similar problem? Am I going to buy my old equipment again and realize why I sold it in the first place?

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 25
Yep, I once had a DT770/80, but I traded it plus cash for my Solo. Then I missed my DT770s badly, so I bought a pair of DT770/600s, had Headphile spruce em up, and bingo here are the Darth Beyers! Then I traded them for some CD3ks. Not my cup of tea, so I sold the CD3Ks and got SR200s. Then I was grousing around missing my Darth Beyers, and Tagosaku sent them back my way - he is the MAN! And as of this week my sister stole them to give to her sound engineer while she's shooting her feature film - I hope that sound guy knows enough to amp them! Don't worry I'll get them back in a month
basshead.gif

If you told me that through all the frenzy of owning an MS-1/MS-2/CD3K/SR200/HP2 that the can that had the longest tenure with me would be the Darth Beyers, I wouldn't believe you. BTW the KSC-35 is a close 2nd!

Jul 27, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
Not I.
biggrin.gif

The secret to avoiding seller's remorse -- Never Sell!
biggrin.gif

BW

Jul 27, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 25
Even though I have two portable amps both of which are incredible I still miss my SR-71
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Even though I have two portable amps both of which are incredible I still miss my SR-71
frown.gif

Don't get me started, this borrowed SMv1 is ok, but I miss that black lushness of the SR71 daily.

Jul 27, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 25
Seems to be happening all the time.
I regret selling my grado PS1 so I happily bought them again
smily_headphones1.gif

Also regret selling the Qualia, think I'll look out for one in future too.

I never believed in owning more than 1 headphone before, but the more and more I listen to them, there does seem to be reasons for keeping having more than 1 for listening.

Jul 28, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 25
Hmm.

I kinda wish i kept the SR200's now that i cracked my SR100's out of their box and they sound rather splendid with my karma.

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #12 of 25
Hmmmm yup!

I owned a set of Stax Lambda Pros in the late 80’s and sold them for financial reasons (The High-End audio store that I worked at burnt down so I was unemployed). I’ve always lamented their passing. I’m jonesing for some electrostatic love.

I owned a set of Koss ESP-950’s in the early 90’s, I eventually sold them because the crackling (Arcing) bothered me. The 950’s got the midrange so right that I still miss them. Yes I’m still jonesing for some electrostatic love.

Then there is all the home audio equipment that I’ve gone through. The list would take up entirely to much bandwidth if I posted it.

Jul 28, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #15 of 25
There are few that I do miss and wish I hadn't sold them.

I had a pair of K271's that I had for a bit that I sold since I figured I won't be able to use them all that often when I start my new position. Well, it turns out I'm starting a different new position and K271's would've been a great pair of cans to use. I may have to grab a pair again.

I had a pair of SR-80's that I really miss since they were my first real headphones.

EDIT - and the old trusty RA-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back