luscious jackson fans?
May 17, 2002 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
search for a cd by the Kostars. The two founding member of luscious jackson are on this cd...
very nice. I just found this on half.com.
md

May 17, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 6
millerdog,

yeah, i have fever in fever out and like it a lot. nice warm sound as well. what else by luscious jackson do you recommend?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 6
all of em..they got a nice groove...as an artist(kinda sorta)I like to have them plugged in, cause the sound puts me in a certain frame of mind....a good one!
If I had choose a best...then "In Search of Manny", their first release...second, the release you got. Electric Honey is cool too...same groove..
Find the Kostars cd..you'll like it
md

May 17, 2002 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 6
I've got the first two and the Kostars disc. The Kostars are quite a bit different from Lucious Jackson proper, it doesn't have the funky groove, it's a more mellow sound. I'd recommended it but don't be surprised if it's not what you'd expect from a Lucious Jackson album.

(HBZ)

May 17, 2002 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, Luscious Jackson is a sweet band. I've got their last 2 albums and enjoy listening to them on a regular basis. I guess I'll have to check out their first album now too.
eek.gif

Too bad they broke up ...

May 17, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 6
I've always enjoyed the older Luscious Jackson albums, In Search of Manny and Natural Ingredients. In Search of Manny is a little hard to get used to, but Natural Ingredients is just fun all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back