Lurkers
Jan 26, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
joining is painless and I promise they won't bite !!!

But derekbmn might
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 34
I think I'm too much of a Starcraft geek. When I first saw the title thread, I thought of lurkers from the game Starcraft. -_-;

Jan 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 34
Looks like a "Paint" masterpiece to me! Honestly though, I have never been solicited or anything from Head-Fi unless I signed up for email notifications. There is nothing to it, and you get some great features (search, PM, etc).

Jan 26, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 34
I don't know. Certainly some head-fiers do bite. These types of people are in a minority, but they are the most unpleasent minority to deal with. I remember I lurked here for a good year or so before I joined. Each time I was ready to make my first post, I'd read some inane flame war that would make me change my mind. And was giving myself a name here a good idea? Probably not, but what can ya do? If there's any lurker who feels they have something to contribute (and that would include good questions because those, in theory, get good answers), I say the more the merrier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #13 of 34
I lurked for about two months before joining.

I'm still such a newbie when it comes to music and gear that most of my postings are in either Happy Birthday threads or What's the Best Earbud? threads.
biggrin.gif
And looking at my post count, you can see that there must have been plenty of them.

This is a great community. Long live the Churro!

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 34
it's that way for most forums - the number of lurkers is greater than the number of members.

but most lurkers don't visit the "members" section for obvious reasons so you're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back