Lumpy SE530 cable
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dr13zehn

100+ Head-Fier
I know that the SE530 cables don't have the best rep around here but I haven't read anything about the cables being a bit lumpy (not perfectly smooth). Has anyone else have the SE530s where the cables look kinda crappy?

It's only on the right side and I think it may just be a bit out of shape from packaging, but it never smoothed out.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 10
Yeah mine have tiny a bump or two on the cable near the ear piece. Wouldn't describe the cable as lumpy really; the extension end is slightly because of how the two conductors inside the sheath twist together, but it is minimal. Nothing that I've really noticed until I looked for you...

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 10
yeh the extension cables are twisted inside westone style...i guess for extra strength as the westone cables have shown us. as for the earphone cables they are thinner and kinda etymotic er6 style, as for being lumpy it may well be a kink in the outer sheath cover of the wire, nothing to worry about. this is cable remember, its designed to be bent and twisted and survive.

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 10
My Se530's also had a lumpy/crinkled cable near the Right hand earpiece. Could never get the cable to straighten out. Shure replaced them promptly.... unfortunately the replacement Se530's were defective - the left channel noticeably lower in volume and sounded muddy.. Have sent them back to Shure, waiting for them to be replaced too.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by firoze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Se530's also had a lumpy/crinkled cable near the Right hand earpiece. Could never get the cable to straighten out. Shure replaced them promptly.... unfortunately the replacement Se530's were defective - the left channel noticeably lower in volume and sounded muddy.. Have sent them back to Shure, waiting for them to be replaced too.

haha, they will likely not replace them but just clean your manky earwax out of the tube with the tool you were supplied with.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, they will likely not replace them but just clean your manky earwax out of the tube with the tool you were supplied with.

Please don't jump to conclusions jinx20001, they sounded that way out of the box. I've been using IEM's for 15 years, I know all about earwax...

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 10
its a wire people. They do get tangled. They are made to withstand it. Stop letting the shures cable propaganda get to your head. It is perfectly normal for this to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back