LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Apr 12, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #301 of 455
And P1 looks sexy in black 😁

I think Lumin hits the sweetspot here with dual LPSUs each for digital and analog section, Lundahl output transformers and fiber optic input, providing very very clean signal and sound 👌🏼

A1B1947B-01E7-4ED0-B969-4FC2387F4436.jpeg

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #302 of 455
More than 25 hrs of burn in, just checking in and have a bit of listen, and I’m loving it more and more. The sound is denser, tone is richer, everything sounds meatier, cymbal crashes sound so real, full of energy and very round, no hint of digital glare or harshness at all. The sound will probably change again as it’s still early burn in, but what surprises me the most is the bass. I didn’t expect to have more quantity but the improvement compared to T2 isn’t subtle at all. The P1 is such a natural and analog sounding DAC & highly engaging. Just wow. Kudos to Lumin & @thingswelike for an amazing product.
I have struggled with ESS based DACs I've auditioned sounding flat, veiled. No depth to the soundstage. Some wacky stuff going on with vocal placement. Expensive too - up to £10K I've rejected. How are those qualities on P1?

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #303 of 455
And P1 looks sexy in black 😁

I think Lumin hits the sweetspot here with dual LPSUs each for digital and analog section, Lundahl output transformers and fiber optic input, providing very very clean signal and sound 👌🏼

A1B1947B-01E7-4ED0-B969-4FC2387F4436.jpeg
I love it. Looks stunning.

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #304 of 455
I have struggled with ESS based DACs I've auditioned sounding flat, veiled. No depth to the soundstage. Some wacky stuff going on with vocal placement. Expensive too - up to £10K I've rejected. How are those qualities on P1?
To my ears and on my system, soundstage depth is excellent, definitely not flat nor veiled and instruments are neatly placed and layered. But as we all know an equipment can sound differently in other system (or ears).

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #305 of 455
Finally got past 400 hrs, and the biggest improvement: the clarity is off the charts while the P1 maintains highly organic, full bodied sound and certain smoothness that’s hard to describe. Soundstage wise there’s this vast space and an amazing sense of depth. Everything just sounds right 👌🏼 thankful for the purchase as it does bring a significant improvement and it has brilliant synergy with my system. Thanks again @thingswelike and Lumin team for bringing this amazing product!

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #306 of 455
Finally got past 400 hrs, and the biggest improvement: the clarity is off the charts while the P1 maintains highly organic, full bodied sound and certain smoothness that’s hard to describe. Soundstage wise there’s this vast space and an amazing sense of depth. Everything just sounds right 👌🏼 thankful for the purchase as it does bring a significant improvement and it has brilliant synergy with my system. Thanks again @thingswelike and Lumin team for bringing this amazing product!
Fantastic stuff! Thanks very much for the feedback. It's always hard to talk about burn-in because there are many people who consider it a 'trick' to get people to live with a product for longer, so it's good to hear a first-hand report.
Hope you enjoy your P1 for many years to come!

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #307 of 455
Apr 30, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #308 of 455
Hey guys!

I was wondering if Lumin U2 mini have direct support Qobuz so I don't need third party app like Bubble or Mconnect to stream it. Basically can the mini stream like Tidal connect?

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #309 of 455
Hey guys!

I was wondering if Lumin U2 mini have direct support Qobuz so I don't need third party app like Bubble or Mconnect to stream it. Basically can the mini stream like Tidal connect?

Thanks!
Last I checked, Qobuz does not yet have a comparable offering to Tidal Connect that can be embedded in a streamer like the U2 mini. Thus you still need a client like Roon, Mconnect, etc.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #311 of 455
Ok thanks for sharing this information!🙂
I stand corrected. I rechecked the manual and you can embed Qobuz credentials in the U2 mini and drive it via the Lumin iOS app. I drive mine via Roon and forgot they had that feature.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #312 of 455
I stand corrected. I rechecked the manual and you can embed Qobuz credentials in the U2 mini and drive it via the Lumin iOS app. I drive mine via Roon and forgot they had that feature.
Yes I was going to say their app has it. I'm deciding between U2 mini or Innous Pulse mini. I only need two requirements for my streamer: 1. USB out, 2. I need Qobuz integration. Is Lumin better sounding than Innous?

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #313 of 455
Yes I was going to say their app has it. I'm deciding between U2 mini or Innous Pulse mini. I only need two requirements for my streamer: 1. USB out, 2. I need Qobuz integration. Is Lumin better sounding than Innous?
I use my Lumin over Ethernet and then USB into a high end streaming compatible DAC and it sounds very good. In A/B tests, I prefer the Lumin to streaming directly into the DAC’s Ethernet interface. I unfortunately cannot compare / contrast to Innous.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #314 of 455
I use my Lumin over Ethernet and then USB into a high end streaming compatible DAC and it sounds very good. In A/B tests, I prefer the Lumin to streaming directly into the DAC’s Ethernet interface. I unfortunately cannot compare / contrast to Innous.
Ok thanks for the information! Btw is the Lumin app available for Android users or just on IOS? Thanks!

Apr 30, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #315 of 455
Ok thanks for the information! Btw is the Lumin app available for Android users or just on IOS? Thanks!
Both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back