Lucky To Be Alive!
Jul 29, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 12
Dead link?

confused.gif

-Ed

Jul 30, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 12
You could buy guns and explosive chemicals by mail...go hunting with friends, even though the oldest of you was fifteen. You could build rockets, blow up fish from the pond, cut down trees in the woods, build bodacious forts...play on the railroad tracks, gig frogs and eat them..drive go carts in any supermarket parking lot on a sunday...

Jul 30, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 12
I think it should be remarked that the era discussed, pre-70's, was also the era before latch-key kids and play-dates. Usually at least one parent was supervising their children 24/7. Now we have both parents pursuing careers or just working to feed their family and less time to supervise children let alone be a major part of their child's lives. We've become so concerned with keeping our children safe when we can't do it ourselves, I sometimes wonder how much longer until newborns are released from the hospital with straightjackets.

Jul 30, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Sometimes I go nostalgic and think about how everything was simple back when I was a kid. Then it occurs to me that the society didn't happen to become like what it is now, but we chose to make it so.
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
ulp....What's a "play-date"?

Parents agreeing to a set time for their children to meet and play.

Jul 31, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
Sometimes I go nostalgic and think about how everything was simple back when I was a kid. Then it occurs to me that the society didn't happen to become like what it is now, but we chose to make it so.
frown.gif

Quit your yammering about; you didn't have headphones back then.
biggrin.gif
580smile.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl
some of you might find this interesting http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/feat...ytobealive.htm

Heck I seem to remember most of that from when I was a kid and I'm only 25!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
What's wrong with the world today?
frown.gif

/U.

PS: Speaking of which, my cousin's wife is a schoolteacher. She says some of the boys (who are age 8-10 or so) has standing orders from their parents not to climb trees because it's "dangerous". What? Were these people never children themselves?
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back