Lucky Frog Audio (UK)
Sep 18, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #16 of 19
This amp sounds seriously good,it sounds a little edgy in the top end atm ,but its using the stock tubes and ive only had it a few hours.
everything sounds so...BIG,
smily_headphones1.gif
Its like my hd650's are being properly powered for the first time,
far better than my asus stx and my headbox2.
It sounds very speaker like (i use linn lk1 pre and lk2 power amps to spendor bc1's).

yes,its pretty big and heavy, 40cm wide, 24cm deep and 20cm tall (to top of tubes).
I doubt i would have bought this from a Chinese vendor due to the odd problem of dents and broken tubes because of the long distances involved,
but mine arrived very well packaged and in perfect condition,lucky frog checks and tests them before posting them on and they answered my query promptly,i really can't fault them.
superb amp, go for it if you can.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 19
Its been on the top of my list for a long time, but i really don't have the room for one. Space etc means i'm going to have to go SS and compact.

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #18 of 19
Slight necro-post, but has Lucky Frog Audio gone down the toilet? They appear to no longer be on eBay, and the background on their site says 'Closed' in big red letters. I was wondering whether it was just closed for holiday, but it seems perhaps a little more pemanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back