LUCKY DAY! I'M GETTING FREE YUIN OK1s! HEAD-DIRECT FTW!!!!
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #46 of 59
"lol, too bad the headphones couldn't make the meeting"

You take this as some sort of joke? Essentially you're saying this:

HEY GUYS FANG MESSED UP AND SHIPPED ME SOME HEADPHONES AND SAID IF I GET THEM TO FLORIDA BY FRIDAY HE'D SEND ME SOME OK1'S AND THEN I WAITED TWO DAYS TO SHIP THEM AND THEY COULDN'T GET THERE BY FRIDAY BUT I'M STILL GETTING THE FREE OK1'S AND YOU ALL DON'T GET TO LISTEN TO THESE HEADPHONES! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

And if you ship something in the morning via overnight, it WILL get there the next day.

Either way, fang obviously had to give you incentive to ship them back, as they're worth more than all the yuin earphones stacked on top of each other.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #47 of 59
Am I missing something here? If you send something via Fedex on Thursday for overnight, it will arrive Friday. Duh. I don't understand the desire to use USPS for this chore, as much as I don't understand why it didn't happen.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't say anything regarding his customer service or his group buy deals. I'm simply saying that there is a lot of markup on the items is all. I purchased RE2s from him, corresponded over 25 times via email, and recommend his site to anyone. I will be purchasing RE-0 for Black Friday most likely. But until you view manufacturing costs and merchant cost compared with retail pricing, then there's no grounds to call me wrong. I worked retail for 2 years so I know how much some of this crap is marked up my friend. Would you argue that Ray Samuel's stuff isn't marked up ridiculously too?

Regardless, it is sweet for the OP and yet another example of HD and Fang's wonderful customer service.

I know all about mark-up, since I have friends in the eyeglass business, which leads the list of high mark-up retail industries. But as was stated, it's economics 101. If you don't like the mark-up gap, don't buy it. Example: A well-known LOD cable costs $185. I didn't want to pay that price, so I bought the same basic LOD cable from a Head-Fi DIYer for $80. I found a less expensive alternative. I didn't like that specific mark-up gap, so I found a way around it. It's all about the free market. No reason to complain, and you did complain specifically about Head-Direct in this case, since that was the company involved.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many words or phrases i could use to express just how i feel at the moment but ill stay modest and say you let alot of people down. A fellow head-fier should know better.

I'm gonna step down and let you take over as the Team-Florida advocate now, okay?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by indofulioh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He said that these weren't overly drastically important because they were just going to be for display or something,nobody was gonna actually use it, I don't really remember exactly what he said but he was really kind.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. If you had sent the headphones on time, they would only be "for display" and "nobody [would] ... use it"? Are you serious? This couldn't have been what he told you. If the headphones got to the meet on time, OF COURSE it would be used. It's not going to be sitting around in a glass case.

Quote:

SORRY FLORIDA.

This is affecting more people than those going to the meet! Please understand that!

Quote:

If I remember the label on the case correctly, it said "HE 1.2b electrostatic headphone". or maybe "HE audio 1.2b" Do these exist or am i wrong? I'm, pretty sure this is what it was. Are they like super headphones or something, i really don't know.
And Im pretty sure the headphones were used cus the case was pretty dirty if it was new.

Does this even matter? Please send immtbiker's headphones back to him.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"lol, too bad the headphones couldn't make the meeting"

You take this as some sort of joke? Essentially you're saying this:

HEY GUYS FANG MESSED UP AND SHIPPED ME SOME HEADPHONES AND SAID IF I GET THEM TO FLORIDA BY FRIDAY HE'D SEND ME SOME OK1'S AND THEN I WAITED TWO DAYS TO SHIP THEM AND THEY COULDN'T GET THERE BY FRIDAY BUT I'M STILL GETTING THE FREE OK1'S AND YOU ALL DON'T GET TO LISTEN TO THESE HEADPHONES! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

And if you ship something in the morning via overnight, it WILL get there the next day.

Either way, fang obviously had to give you incentive to ship them back, as they're worth more than all the yuin earphones stacked on top of each other.

lol that's pretty much what he's saying yeah.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #53 of 59
Thats the difference with some people. If I got that box even without any incentive from head direct I would have grabbed it from the delivery man and kept walking straight out the door. They would have been reshipped within minutes. If they didnt get there then well at least I gave a best effort. I of course would have expected reimburement of shipping cost but thats it. This Fang guy was offering free headphone to boot. What a shame.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #55 of 59
I feel sorry for that guy whose stuck in the middle, Fang and all those waiting to hear the headphone which will then write impression/review that lead to some response from other head-fiers and then the market expansion. This is the reason why Fang willing to go that far, offering free usd200 earphone because the future market for that headphone worth more than that.

I guess the biggest loser in this case is Fang since he missed the chance to showcase his product at the meet.

In this case, nobody to be blame. **** happen.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like how this has nothing to do with Fang with getting it shipped to the wrong place in the first place if the headphones were really that important.

well **** happens. and he was willing to make up for it by compensating the receiver's trouble to send it back in by a certain date.

on the other hand, what just contrived here is the receiver failed to deliver on time and is still expecting a full reward. like was said earlier, Fang's on the losing end here; obviously if he doesn't know the person whom he's dealing with he'll need to offer a reward in order to get his stuff back, whether or not it made it to the meet. leaving it to public altruism and integrity is just too much to hope for.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #59 of 59
Well, he was told to use USPS by you guys (first reply). When the package got to him, it was near the closing hour for his local post office. I am sure (or at least I hope) he didn't go there knowing there are better alternatives at that time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back