LUCKY DAY! I'M GETTING FREE YUIN OK1s! HEAD-DIRECT FTW!!!!
Nov 13, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well considering the value of what was shipped to the OP by mistake, there had to be some incentive for him to be willing to ship it along to Florida, though what you said might be true
frown.gif

I'm sure that there's value associated with it, I mean it's the Jade's for heaven's sake. But still....

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #32 of 59
Not sure you are being fair making that statement about Head-Direct and Fang, who is one of the most honest merchants out there. He obviously wanted to get those phones shipped. He made an investment (or call it an incentive) in guaranteeing that it happened. Not really fair to make a judgment on his mark-up based on that. A real stretch in fact, and I've had nothing but fantastic dealings with Fang and HD.

In fact, Fang has gone out of his way to be fair in his business dealings with customers on Head-Direct, offering many, many group buys and great deals. So in this case, you are flat out wrong.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #34 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by indofulioh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i tend to rush when i post. habit. aww man now i look like a crazy package opener who has no feelings for anyone but myself.
I actually did HAVE to open it.Just not the way people are thinking. I just worded the sentence like i HAD to try it on and give it a listen and ended up sounding like a jerk.
frown.gif

Hey indofulioh,

I really hope you sent the Jade to Tampa in time. The worth of the headphones is nothing compared to the wealth of knowledge that Head-Fi would gain from the Tampa meet. At the Tampa meet, the Jade would be compared to all the other headphones in its class, and other members would use this information to make their decisions. In the end, it could save Head-Fi members thousands of dollars! Comparisons and reviews on Head-Fi are very important!

I hope you understand how important this is!

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #35 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure you are being fair making that statement about Head-Direct and Fang, who is one of the most honest merchants out there. He obviously wanted to get those phones shipped. He made an investment (or call it an incentive) in guaranteeing that it happened. Not really fair to make a judgment on his mark-up based on that. A real stretch in fact, and I've had nothing but fantastic dealings with Fang and HD.

In fact, Fang has gone out of his way to be fair in his business dealings with customers on Head-Direct, offering many, many group buys and great deals. So in this case, you are flat out wrong.

I didn't say anything regarding his customer service or his group buy deals. I'm simply saying that there is a lot of markup on the items is all. I purchased RE2s from him, corresponded over 25 times via email, and recommend his site to anyone. I will be purchasing RE-0 for Black Friday most likely. But until you view manufacturing costs and merchant cost compared with retail pricing, then there's no grounds to call me wrong. I worked retail for 2 years so I know how much some of this crap is marked up my friend. Would you argue that Ray Samuel's stuff isn't marked up ridiculously too?

Regardless, it is sweet for the OP and yet another example of HD and Fang's wonderful customer service.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #38 of 59
Anyone else worried that the OP posted that he received the item yesterday, 04:42 PM but hasn't posted since an hour after that, while all the head-fi peeps in Florida eagerly await the item's arrival today or tomorrow and have no idea if they are on the way or not?

Please update us so we can rest better tonight.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #40 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the Tampa meet thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4987455-post409.html

Those aren't the same headphones as these. When Fang accidentally shipped the "broken-in and ready to listen to" Jade to CA, he had another pair shipped 2nd day from China.

But the new pair is not broken in, so they will have a closed in soundstage and will sound very bright and suck lemons. It is important that this particular pair be there, and if they aren't they will send someone to go all kung fu on this guy's butt.
popcorn.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those aren't the same headphones as these. When Fang accidentally shipped the "broken-in and ready to listen to" Jade to CA, he had another pair shipped 2nd day from China.

But the new pair is not broken in, so they will have a closed in soundstage and will sound very bright and suck lemons. It is important that this particular pair be there, and if they aren't they will send someone to go all kung fu on this guy's butt.
popcorn.gif

Actually, i talked to the guy that these headphones were supposed to go to. He said that these weren't overly drastically important because they were just going to be for display or something,nobody was gonna actually use it, I don't really remember exactly what he said but he was really kind. I talked to him and told him that I could get the phones there on Saturday but not in time for the meet(It would get there 3pm and the meet is like at 1pm or something.Stupid post office closes at 5, so i had to do it this morning instead of yesterday and sent it back to Fang cus it was too late.

SORRY FLORIDA.

If I remember the label on the case correctly, it said "HE 1.2b electrostatic headphone". or maybe "HE audio 1.2b" Do these exist or am i wrong? I'm, pretty sure this is what it was. Are they like super headphones or something, i really don't know.
And Im pretty sure the headphones were used cus the case was pretty dirty if it was new.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #43 of 59
WoW.

You could have shipped them this morning, via overnight to arrive Friday in Florida, and gotten free headphones in return that are worth 4x the cost of shipping.

The guy you spoke with was just being nice to you. Those headphones do exist and they need more than 60-100 hours of music through them to loosen up and break in and sound right. Those were headphones that have been used and loved and had their sound described in minute detail to the huddling masses of head-fi addicts, and many people were eager to hear them for themselves at the meet. And now they wont.

Sad days we live in, the end is near, repent!
redface.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #44 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WoW.

You could have shipped them this morning, via overnight to arrive Friday in Florida, and gotten free headphones in return that are worth 4x the cost of shipping.

The guy you spoke with was just being nice to you. Those headphones do exist and they need more than 60-100 hours of music through them to loosen up and break in and sound right. Those were headphones that have been used and loved and had their sound described in minute detail to the huddling masses of head-fi addicts, and many people were eager to hear them for themselves at the meet. And now they wont.

Sad days we live in, the end is near, repent!
redface.gif

lol, too bad the headphones couldn't make the meeting, but i talked to Fang, and he said he will give me the OK1s for my HELP. total WIN I think, except for the huddling masses of head-fi addicts, but I'm pretty sure he said they were for display purposes ONLY.
lol stop making me feel bad. And i don't have to ship overnight to Fang so the headphones are like 50x the cost of shipping, maybe more. Unless Fang really needs them. Just another example of head-direct's wonderful costumer service.

By the way, technically "overnight express shipping" actually takes about a day to process so it's actually 2-day shipping and the phones wouldn't arrive at the meet in time(it wouldve arrived saturday, just too late for the meeting, the nice man in florida told me that). So the nice man in Florida and Fang just told me to ship it back to Fang in New York.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #45 of 59
There are many words or phrases i could use to express just how i feel at the moment but ill stay modest and say you let alot of people down. A fellow head-fier should know better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back