Lucid Listening?
Apr 8, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 21
Excellent topic, nin3th, & what a cool experience! Makes me want to try to induce something similar...I'll have to check out Sphongle...who knows, maybe it is Posford-powered!

I see that you have "Skiing is living" in your sig....the 1st few times of skiing every ski season, I have a similar "hypnagogic" experience, where I'm floating down through steep powder just prior to actually falling asleep. Then, I usually end up cartwheeling head over heels, putting an abrupt halt to the beautiful floating feeling & waking me up completely! Do you ever have anything like that? It usually happens at the beginning of mtn. biking season too for me.

Thanks for the specific term, MoodySteve. I always knew it was a specific phenomenon, but never knew the name for it.

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #17 of 21
When I'm skiing its probably more like heroin. not that i've ever tried it, but when i'm in the powder my back and neck and my entire head tingle and I can't even make a holler if its really good, just kind of a moan. And whenever I can't ski I have dreams about it and start to sweat. I wish it was as simple for me as it is for you. Uy, its just so good man!

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 21
I had that happen once when listening to, no kidding, Shpongle's Tales of the Inexpressible. Now I'm scared of the CD. I haven't listened to it in 6 months or so because I'm afraid it will melt my brain. I guess that means it's a good CD when you are afraid of it.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that happen once when listening to, no kidding, Shpongle's Tales of the Inexpressible. Now I'm scared of the CD. I haven't listened to it in 6 months or so because I'm afraid it will melt my brain. I guess that means it's a good CD when you are afraid of it.

That does it! I am definitely getting me some Sphongle!

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #20 of 21
Happened to me on my flight back from the UK over the weekend. I was using the CD database in the in-flight entertainment system on Virgin Atlantic, and I listened (tired from two long weeks of overseas work and broken sleep I tend to fall in and out of on a place) to Air's Moon Safari.

Talk about feeling zonked!

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #21 of 21
Thats too bad you are scared of that album, but then again I stopped listening to music for a week because I worried about subliminal messages, and then I got over it. Thats fine though if you don't like the feeling.

Now I know everyone says i-dosers never work, but what if you listened to them as you were in a hypnogogic mindstate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back