Lowest Price for Shure E4c and Westone UM2?
Jun 20, 2005 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jonspanki

Head-Fier
Hi all,

First off, i'm not sure if i'm breaking any forum rules here by asking this question, so please go easy on the newbie
icon10.gif

I'm currently shopping for either the Shure E4c or the Westone UM2, and was wondering what sites i should be looking at, and what the best prices are that people have found for these IEMs so far.

So far, the best site i have come across is www.earphonesolutions.com.

Post the cheapest prices you have come across for these phones here! (oh, and let us all know where from, too
eggosmile.gif
)

Jun 20, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 9
i got mine for the price from ebay too...if its the same seller, he can definitely be trusted.

I never heard the e4c but i would be surprised indeed if it matched the performance of the UM2. i think a safe piece of advice to give is, if you can afford the UM2, go for it. I am personally very very happy with mine (been using it about 2 months now), esp with trace music, and some bass boost
basshead.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 11:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Go with earphonesolutions, they'll price match and they have excellent service especially for international customers.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
You use bass boost with the UM-2s?

Just a little
tongue.gif
it gets a bit overpowering with proper music but i'm listening to trance 90% of the time

Jun 20, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackreplica
Just a little
tongue.gif
it gets a bit overpowering with proper music but i'm listening to trance 90% of the time

Which in itself has probably been bass boosted to the outer edge of the human hearing threshold. Seriously there are times when I wonder how you bass heads can physically actually handle that much bass.

Im in pretty much the exact same position on purchasing the um2s or shure... almost a 100US (including shipping) difference between the two but i dont wanna end up wanting yet another earphone cause the e4's or um2's just miss out on delivering "THE SOUND".. although Im sure Westone and Shure have done a fairly nice job it's a bit scary spending that much on earphones.

Anyone know how long those comply foam tips actually last? (on average I guess if u clean ur ears out everyday for example)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back