Lowest Distortion Headphones
Feb 4, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #33 of 37
well I'm sure if we go full Amir about it, we could very easily show situations where even 0.1%THD is noticeable. so I would be cautious about saying that we have a lot of transducers with distos below audibility.
on the other hand with most musics it can be pretty hard to notice stuff below 1%THD. after all, musical instruments generate their own fair share of harmonics, so it's not really surprising that HD from the headphone can end up masked.
so I'm saying no, and yes at the same time. I'm crazy I do what I want ^_^.

But even the Amir crowd even struggle to say with full certainty, that even at 1% audbile on transducers. That how you get the blinded by charts crowd who assume above 0.5% it has bad sound?. Sure you could maybe tell but at that point your just grasping at straws, I know how annoying 2 places i used got with Grado's gear & SRH1540, ER4XR being 1% or above.

I've already had somone try to argue how the ER4SR still sucks despite its bass reaching 0.6% at 100db, Which is very good despite it being a full range BA.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #34 of 37
Numbers with no idea what they sound like in the real world don't help much. Distortion generally isn't the biggest issue.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #35 of 37
Numbers with no idea what they sound like in the real world don't help much. Distortion generally isn't the biggest issue.

True, there are other factors that can be the issue which they ignore. Really i hard to take them seriously when they got sore that ambient noise, mic distortion and more can inflate the numbers.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #36 of 37
Or when the numbers don’t even come close to the threshold of audibility.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #37 of 37
That too, I've seen some of them lash out with. How its so totally a audible if you listen to stuff at 70 to 85db, With no clue at how dumb that sounds?. Especially when they have a nerve to demand blind tests when i share my opinions on lossy audio codecs. But can back any of their distortion claims without any proof beyond please trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back