Lowering the volume of the iPod
Sep 29, 2005 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey,
Can somebody tell how I lower the volume of the iPod? Ie subtract x dB (more than -24 dB, which I currently can do with Media Center).
Basically what I need something like euPod, which allows me to decrease the volume. As it is presently, I can’t raise the volume more than a hair on the iPod before it gets too loud and thus dynamics aren’t that great...
I am hoping solution not requiring iTunes.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Gently rotate your finger counterclockwise on the clickwheel while the music is playing
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Were you on a Macintosh, in which case you'd probably use iTunes anyway, I'd say go check out iVolume. It's neat and wort it's money, though iTunes will ignore the volume adaption upon discburn
mad.gif

On Windows: MP3Gain?

And why don't you just try goPod / euPod? Maybe it works the other way around, who knows? It should display an "unlocked" iPod, and you could just select "lock it". Have you tried? Anyone?

Sep 29, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 5
On Mac or Windows I'd use MP3/AACgain.

Of course you could also decrease the volume in iTunes.

Sep 29, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Gently rotate your finger counterclockwise on the clickwheel while the music is playing
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Oh my God! So simple and yet so complex! How can thank you enough
biggrin.gif

The think is that if I turn it more down it will go silent.

Quote:

On Windows: MP3Gain?

No. It modifies the actual files. I need something that only modifies the database.

And why don't you just try goPod / euPod? Maybe it works the other way around, who knows? It should display an "unlocked" iPod, and you could just select "lock it". Have you tried? Anyone?[/QUOTE]
I'm the happy owner of a usPod so goPod should have no effect as far as I can gather from the included read me file. euPod only adjust with positive values :sad:

Sep 29, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
No. It modifies the actual files. I need something that only modifies the database.

That's what iVolume does. It only affects iTunes's volume meter. Mac-only since AppleScript based.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
I'm the happy owner of a usPod so goPod should have no effect as far as I can gather from the included read me file. euPod only adjust with positive values :sad:

I was assuming a usPod. Hmmm... maybe you can get a European iPod Updater from someone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back