Low wind noise in-ear phones for cycling, with Bluetooth neckband?
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JPCoetzee

New Head-Fier
At home I use Bose Soundsport Wireless but when cycling the wind noise is *terrible*. I suspect I need in-ear ("canalphone"?) phones. I also want Bluetooth with neckband. I cycle on quiet roads so I'm happy with isolating or noise-cancelling phones but neither is necessary, it's the wind noise I want to stop.

I have searched on Headfi but relevant threads are quite old.

Any recommendations? Up to £100. Many thanks

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Maybe something with a very low profile?

I had some Westone UM Pro 10's that were absolutely the lowest profile IEM I've tried. Something like those, small and bean shaped may be your best bet. Audiosense T180, T260 & , T300 are also similar.

They are MMCX and can be used with a neckband.

Slightly larger are the Shure, Brainwavz, Tennmak Pro and other similarly shaped IEM's.

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh, so you can buy the bluetooth neckband separately?

I have a pair of two-pin (not MMCX) Etymotic ER4-P. Can you buy a Bluetooth neckband to fit them?

Depends on the 2-pin design, but it is possible. There are adapters for $10-15 to convert that may work.

Fiio LC-BT2, TRN BT3S & many others are out there.

You could also get something like a Radsone ES100, Fiio BTR3k or Quedelix 5k. If you don't mind using a small wireless adapter with a regular (or short) cable.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Depends on the 2-pin design, but it is possible. There are adapters for $10-15 to convert that may work.

I can't find any bluetooth neckbands that will fit the unusual Etymotic connector?

I found some Etymotic to MMCX adapters (Awwan on EBay) but they're $38 plus import duty. Are there any cheaper, preferably available in the UK?

many thanks

Attachments

• 1594213595344.png
    1594213595344.png
    191 bytes · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 8
I meant use a normal MMCX neckband with an additional adapter to the Etymotics, if there is one that fits.

A quick search of AliExpress found this:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32965328893.html

Wow, that's as expensive as Awwan's, I think I'll bite the bullet and get his.

You're suggestion about Radson/Fiio/Qudelix reminded me that somewhere I've got this cheap-and-cheerful MPOW Bluetooth adapter so while I'm waiting for the MMCX connectors I'll have a play with that.

Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back