Low volume on IEM (Audio Teknika CK10)
Mar 5, 2015 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Trerit

100+ Head-Fier
My ATK-CK10 has an incredably low volume. they used to be to sensitive, sometimes the volume could not go low enough. This has now changed and the volume is low on both sides. Im thinking this has to be the the cable or the plug. Not sure if i am able to change the cable with out completely ruining the housing.

Any hints on what cable that should fit, and if there are some magic tricks to make cable replacement more smooth? Once i get home il get at it with twezers and a soldering bolt and see were that leads me.

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 4
No dirt/wax to be found, it is the same exact low volume on both sides so that makes me thing the housing and its content is fine, only spot where the cable on each side connects to each other is the 3.5mm jack plug. I guess il try to order a replacement jack plug. The cable itself doesnt seem to have any visible damage.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-B-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Mini-Plug-Gold-Contacts-Case-/181453905777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a3f7edf71

Would this plug be fine? Just picked it up somewhere on headfi that Neutrik was the bomb. I have a soldering iron and soldering experience :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back