Low volume from my DVD player
Aug 15, 2007 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nikos

100+ Head-Fier
For some reason when I play DVDs on my computer, the volume is extremely low through my headphones.

I am using an Optimus A/V receiver Headphone out, which plays loudly for music, but not from my DVDs.

Is their a reason the volume is so low? How can I increase it? Do I need a headphone amp? It doesn't make sense to me the DVD be so much lower than simply listening to music on my cpu at a good volume?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--Nikos

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 5
Check the volume levels in your media player and in Windows Mixer. Otherwise, it could just be the DVDs. Movies usually have considerably more dynamic range than music, which means that the quiet parts will be much softer in comparison.

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 5
They both risen to capacity and half of my movie/dvds are not really loud enough at all. I mean can hear them, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Is their no possible way to increase the volume outside of volume control and my windows media player?

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, presumably you're controlling the volume with the A/V receiver. If so, all of the volume sliders in your applications should be set to maximum, as well as the master volume slider in the Windows Mixer.

This seems like a strange problem. DVDs shouldn't be a huge amount quieter than music, and even if they are, you should be able to use something to boost the volume to adequate levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back