Low Profile Horseshoe Mini-Mini Cable
Nov 10, 2007 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chopstxxx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I am looking for the lowest profile mini-mini IC to connect my iMod 4G and Mini^3 which are stacked together. I need a horseshoe shaped IC that hopefully sticks out as little as possible. I am currently using an APureSound mini-mini which is about 5 inches tip to tip so it sticks out a couple inches. Is there anything that could stick out an inch or less? DIY would be cool as well. I'd love to see some pics if you have any.

Thanks.

- Jason

Nov 10, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 13
I think you're looking for a short cable with right angled mini connectors.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm trying to avoid right angle plugs isnce I want to keep things slim as well (don't want the cable extending outside of the stack) and don't want to interfere with the volume knob or headphone jack.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 13
I don't think you can get a lower profile than something like this:

imodhornetxl9.jpg

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

imodhornetxl9.jpg

Very nice! How can I get one!
wink.gif
Please PM me w/ the information. Thanks.

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

imodhornetxl9.jpg

Wow that looks sweet.

Unfortunately the space between my iMods Line Out and Amps Line-in is only about 1/2" and my amp (Mini^3) is longer than the TH so there's about 1/4" vertical offset between the two. That's why I'm looking for a Horseshoe design since there's not room for a big right angle plug like that. I would only have enough room for one of those cheap stock plugs like on the KSC-35.

Dec 1, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! How can I get one!
wink.gif
Please PM me w/ the information. Thanks.

How about a link so we can all find out? Kind of mean to show a handy ic w/o one.

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chopstxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately the space between my iMods Line Out and Amps Line-in is only about 1/2" and my amp (Mini^3) is longer than the TH so there's about 1/4" vertical offset between the two. That's why I'm looking for a Horseshoe design since there's not room for a big right angle plug like that. I would only have enough room for one of those cheap stock plugs like on the KSC-35.

Thats actually a Hornet. Guess it doesn't matter though.

Dec 6, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 13
could perhaps Ken help at ALO??? I know he used to design a horseshoe-type cable which, while not what you may want, he may have some conceptual ideas for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back