low prices in japan
Feb 23, 2003 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

banjo

New Head-Fier
Hello

This is my first post in this forum. I come from denmark so I hope you don't mind if my spelling is not perfect.
Recently I have been searching the web for some good prices on the high-end headphones, and I have found this place:

http://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/d-style/kai-h.html

The only problem is off course that it's in japan. But look at the prices - the stax omega II is only 67,000 yen!
That's a price that even I can afford if I stretch my budget a little.
Off course you need an amplifier to go with the stax and I am wondering if it's difficult to get the version which accepts a 220V power supply. I believe the japanese version is for 100V.

Does anybody speak japanese, and if so could you please translate the important parts of the text on the web page. Perhaps you can find answers to some questions like:

Do they deliver to europe
How much will the delivery cost
What kind off payment do they accept, visa...
do they have stax amplifiers which work with 220V.
Do the prices include vat.

I hope somebody can answer some of my question.

Feb 23, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 9
This is almost unbelievable. ATH-A500 would be 16$??

Are these JPY (Japanese Yen) or some other kind of currency? This
is pretty damn hard to believe. Even if I paid $80 for shipping I'd
still pay less on every headphones they offer.. Where's the catch?

Feb 23, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 9
The catch is they might not ship outside of Japan... like those cheap Yahoo Japan auctions... argh!

Feb 23, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 9
My Japanese isn't too good and I might be mistaken but I think that page lists prices for used phones that they would buy from you. Prices in Japan generally are quite good though. I got my A900s for about $100 less than what audiocubes.com is charging.

Feb 23, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 9
With Systran, anyone can have 'not too good' Japanese!
biggrin.gif

But no, Mik is right. "Kaidori" = "We buy from you"
Their new prices don't look too hot, but they obviously sell secondhand as well, which I wasn't aware of. I might give them a mail, would be good if I can get a Stax in decent condition for less. Thanks for the link.

Feb 23, 2003 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 9
This ’†ŒÃ means used... so yes, they're selling used products...

Feb 25, 2003 at 3:49 AM Post #8 of 9
If anyone's ever able to communicate with a company's representative or whoever, please drop a message here. I might be interested in buying second hand from them.. that is if their second hand stuff is in good condition
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back