Low Noise floor less on Higher gain
Mar 28, 2018 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ShyamS

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have a question maybe someone can help? My source is DX50 and i had set to low gain (there is 3)and there was significant noise floor with Empire ears E.S.R. Today i noticed that the hiss sound reduces when i set to high gain. I thought with IEM it was best to set it to low gain. Now i'm confused. Can someone help me make sense of this?

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 4
I have a question maybe someone can help? My source is DX50 and i had set to low gain (there is 3)and there was significant noise floor with Empire ears E.S.R. Today i noticed that the hiss sound reduces when i set to high gain. I thought with IEM it was best to set it to low gain. Now i'm confused. Can someone help me make sense of this?

Highly unusual but unless you can get the DAP looked at by someone who knows the circuit it's difficult to diagnose. Personally, as long as High Gain mode doesn't result in instant ear shattering levels within a few clicks of the volume button from zero, just use it that way.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 4
Highly unusual but unless you can get the DAP looked at by someone who knows the circuit it's difficult to diagnose. Personally, as long as High Gain mode doesn't result in instant ear shattering levels within a few clicks of the volume button from zero, just use it that way.

Thank you. So i wasn't going nuts.

With low gain the volume level is around 208 (out of 300) and with high gain volume level is around 180. I read a lot to understand this behavior, there was a lot of mention of distortion due to high voltage. But i only noticed this behavior on Empire ears ESR, with DUNU DN-2000 low gain sounds really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back