Low End DAC Recommendation: Sabre DAC?
Jun 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kimvictor

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I've always been giving recs, not receiving them, but I need some help on DACs. So, I currently own a Modi, but it picks of interference very easily and is really annoying to use with my Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII. I am looking for a DAC under $150 with a flat sound sig(it must be "flat") that doesn't pick up interference and possibly have a coxial or optical "out"(not a must). I've been looking at Hifime's Sabre DAC, but if there are anything else, that'd be great! Also, since I'm going to use it with IEMs mostly I would like them to have a black background.

Also, does anyone know what might sound better? ODAC+Leckerton or Optical/Coxial in+Leckerton's built in cirrus logic DAC+Leckerton? Thanks in advance!

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 11
Why not solve your issue with interference? Some kind of USB isolator might do the trick. Call Schiit. They might be able to recommend a solution.

And I certainly would not buy another USB DAC expecting it to do better than the Modi. It's likely your computer is causing the problem.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 11
Jun 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 11
I believe you can ask for it.  Or make your own with heat wrap.

Alright. Do they have optical out btw?

Why not solve your issue with interference? Some kind of USB isolator might do the trick. Call Schiit. They might be able to recommend a solution.

And I certainly would not buy another USB DAC expecting it to do better than the Modi. It's likely your computer is causing the problem.
well apparently, leckerton with it's own dac is fine on my computer. It's just modo that's causing lots of hissing.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 11
Alright. Do they have optical out btw?
well apparently, leckerton with it's own dac is fine on my computer. It's just modo that's causing lots of hissing.

And how do you know that other USB DACs won't have the same problem? Have people in the Magni/Modi threads reported this as a common issue? If not, then better to figure out what the problem is than to assume that another USB DAC will solve it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 11
And how do you know that other USB DACs won't have the same problem? Have people in the Magni/Modi threads reported this as a common issue? If not, then better to figure out what the problem is than to assume that another USB DAC will solve it.
Wll, other users have noticed a problem like me. For them, using ferrite cores helped, but it doesn't work for me. I will try to contact schiit.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #11 of 11
And finally, do they have optical or coxial out? I don't need one, but I'd like one.

This is a dac only. You are asking for a ddc (digital to digital converter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back