Low Budget IEM
Feb 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Arguggi

Head-Fier
It going to be one of my friends birthday in about a month and I wanted to give him as a present some IEM's.

But being my wallet quite empty at the moment i can only spend up to 50 USD.

He listens to almost every genre, no one in particular, but he tryed my RE0 and said that the bass was to weak, so possibily the IEM should have decent bass, at least stronger than the RE0/2 (He doesn't want to carry around a portable amp like a E5) and he will use them with an iPod touch.

I live in Italy, but i go to England every now and then so I can buy them on web sites like amazon.co.uk

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 13
The maximo im 590 should fit the bill nicely, the denon 452 also comes in under 50, but in my opinion the maximo is better. Not much else comes to mind at that price. At least with good bass and pretty decent overall sound.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 13
Check Joker's massive thread on IEMs, which will give you plenty to consider at that price point. Meelec is one company offering great phones at that price. The Klipsch S2 is another very good choice, $49.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 13
Radiopaq Jazz would be my suggestion - easily available in the UK (and EU).
They've been positively reviewed here by Mark2410 and Joker.

I own a pair of Classicals, myself, and like them quite a bit, real stunners for the price.

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 13
Sony XB40, UE Metro Fi 220, V-Moda Vibe II and Sennheiser CX55.......

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #8 of 13
Cyclone pr1-pro....if you can find it.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 13
You could be really cheap and give him a set of JVC Marshmallows and do the Kramer mod (very easy to do and improves the SQ a good bit) on them. That's $15.
biggrin.gif
You're probably not going to get a huge jump in SQ with anything else in your budget (I could be wrong though; check joker's thread for sure), and the Marshmallows are readily available.

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radiopaq Jazz would be my suggestion - easily available in the UK (and EU).
They've been positively reviewed here by Mark2410 and Joker.

I own a pair of Classicals, myself, and like them quite a bit, real stunners for the price.

x2

really only available in/from the UK hence why not spoken about more on here

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 13
Can some one give me the link to Joker's IEM thread? Thanks

EDIT: found it, and the RadioPaq Jazz seem very nice...

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 13
Ok now I can't decide between Cyclone pr1-pro and Radiopaq Jazz since they both sound great in Joker's review (Thanks for the great roundup
biggrin.gif
)

If I buy Cyclone pr1-pro here will I get free shipping even to Italy?

Because Radiopaq Jazz cost 45€ shipped to Italy, which is a little to much, and I'm not sure I'll be going to England this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back