loving my Grado SR60i...but...
Sep 19, 2009 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT: sorry, wrong forum.... my bad...

okay,as you may be able to tell from how many posts I have I'm still very new to all this:

I just got a pair of grado SR60i, and they are fanstic(talk about a step-up from earbuds that came with my cheapy mp3). How ever I can now see what every body meant about the sound leaking out from them... I still have to 'test' them to see how they do in public, but if they fail I'll have to return them(I checked the website I order them from, 30 day return policy).

So if they fail the test, that brings me back to step one(maybe 1.5). So I'm back here looking for adivice on headphones. The main use well be on a mp3(though I'll use them fairly frequently from my laptop) so something that doesn't 'leak' sound and provides decent sound isolation. I really don't care about how bulky they are. Earbuds or headphones are fine(not really sure about the pros-cons of each)

my budget is about the same around 70 dollars, cheaper the better. Though the budget may expand by up to 35 dollars.

Also if their is a way to help with isolation/sound leaking on the grados without compansting the sound to much please point it out to me.

Sorry I know this kind of stuff is asked to much, but I'm just getting tired of slouching through forums, web pages, reviews, with at least 50% of it talking about stuff that I have almost no idea about...

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't consider any of the Grados to be portable. Mine are for listening at home. If you need a portable and isolating solution, then the NuForce NE-6/7M fits your budget ($40-55). It is a great sounding IEM and isolates you from the outside world pretty well. I had it for 6 months before upgrading up to the RE0, and was very satisfied with it's sound quality.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah. X2 on the NE-7M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back