Love the PX-100, but need more attenuation
Mar 11, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

McQueen

New Head-Fier
I continue on my search for some urban walking phones to go with the iPod. I suspect I’m traveling an upgrade path which is well worn by Head-Fi’ers before me. The iBuds are too uncomfortable and tend to bruise my ears (not to mention the mediocre sound with no bass). I just picked up some Senn PX-100s and I love how they sound indoors, but outdoors the sound just disappears into the ambient noise from cars, busses, etc.

I need something that is portable (no bigger than PX-100), comfortable, has decent sound, and better attenuation than the PX-100s, but not as much as my set of ER-6is. Too much to ask? I still need to be able to hear somewhat (so as to avoid a “honk, honk, splat” situation) but I want to be able to hear the music while I’m walking on busy streets. I’ve already tried the AKG K 26 P and couldn’t stand them (terrible muddy bass, bad sound, and miserable clamping pain). Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Yuin PK series are earbuds, which you can hear people listening without taking the buds off your ear. i reccomend PK2, great sound unamped, and not too expensive (around 60$).

If you want a portable headphone, i think try looking at Audio Technica ESW9 or ESW7, GREAT sounds but much more expensive than the PK2.. Maybe need an amp tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back