Love the new colour scheme!
Jun 19, 2010 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

evilking

CAUTION: INCOMPLETE TRADES.
And I see the edges are a little harder and defined! They were far too soft before.

Doesn't it just feel more inviting? So much easier on the eyes.

redface.gif

EK

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 16
Much smoother to the eyes now. Like the change! :)

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 16
I think Jude is continuing to flip the color change switches on us as we type 
beyersmile.png

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 16
I'm not fond of the blue color. Too similar to the subforum title bar color, which makes several minimized subforums look like a bland, featureless void of space. I still stand by my previous comment that what the scheme needs is darker blues, not darker (or bluer) greys.

I do love the harder edges around individual posts, though. Makes being inside a thread much less of an eyesore. Now this needs to be applied to the forum overview too, so looking at subforum titles is less of an eyesore as well.

In fact, I really like the color scheme within a thread. Apply this to the main forum, and the blue background will look good.

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 16
this is a huge improvement to be sure...  but I still stand by my request for a high-contrast light on dark option.  no manner of tweaking will make dark text on a light background easy on the eyes for a long period of time

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 16
This new colour scheme has a serious downfall. I now have to turn on the lights in my computer room as before I could get by with the blinding white light coming from my web browser.

:p

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #11 of 16
I think it's an improvement over the previous color scheme. I would still like the ability to change color schemes into something easier on the eyes however.

Jun 20, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 16
It still seems to be the same for me... I've noticed a difference on other computers, but not my own...

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #15 of 16
I have to agree that the blue in the main content area does look worse. It could work, but it just doesn't fit in with the other components that have been designed to look good with the lighter background. The blue is too similar to the main page background (tab colour), and there's really not enough contrast now for the brown title and links at the top of the page.

Some things that look particularly odd are this reply box with its bright background (maybe make it the same as the forum posts. Also, the 'more' button on the recent activity pages looks similarly out of place.

It is easier on the eyes and it could work, but needs to be tweaked and better integrated with the rest of the components on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back