Love My NEW SuperMacro
Dec 3, 2004 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 127

vranswer

1000+ Head-Fier
Sorry for the commercialized tone of the thread title, but this is not an advertisement - it is an urgent recommendation. Man, I thought my original pre-production SuperMono was good...but I for one am glad Dr. Xin keeps tinkering with things. This new marvel has much better bass, improved spacial separation, more noticeable detail - just a much more refined sound across the board!

I have the OPA627 op-amp with 3X buffers and large caps, also the four switches (because my Etys demanded them). I doubt I'll be re-writing my Xin SM review, 'cause I'll be too busy listening to music. This is an incredible amp, it really is! Like the headline says, you should run, not walk, to your online internet device and order one ASAP.

Dec 3, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
then when curious buy the SR-71 and live happily ever after...hehehehehehe
Just had to say it.

We're amongst friends here, right?

Dec 3, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 127
I am in the market for a portable amp and after seeing a post like this im not sure if this is going to be an easy decision for me to make. No thanks to you for just making my life harder
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
LOL

I wanna see pics...lotsa pics
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 127
bah he's just excited. i see no fault with presenting one's opinion in the form of an exhortation. is that a word?

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
bah he's just excited. i see no fault with presenting one's opinion in the form of an exhortation. is that a word?

it is definitely a word
I guess it is an advert of sorts but I think he is quite happy with the product therefore the post.

Ayways, I made my decision and went another way.
power to everyone who is into headphilia madness

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 127
I would say it is a quasi-advertizing post. Change the title to "I strongly urge anyone interested in a portable amp to check out the Supermacro, I love mine!"

Or something like that.

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I would say it is a quasi-advertizing post. Change the title to "I strongly urge anyone interested in a portable amp to check out the Supermacro, I love mine!"

Or something like that.

A bit off topic but I've tried to change titles before and haven't been able to do so. Of course, I've just used the "edit" function and I haven't tried to do it recently so the board features may have changed but is the edit function the only way to change the title? Just for future reference of course.

Sorry, no intent to crap the thread.

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 127
Except for the title, the post is no different than countless other threads that people write because they really like something. So should all short posts that say "I really like this and think you should buy it, too" be banned? Half the posts here would be deleted.

Certainly, there is something to be said for longer, more informative posts that go into detail about a product. However, not everyone has the time or inclination to write long reviews.

Short statements that proclaim one product or another to be worthwhile must be taken in aggregate. Certainly, no one should buy a product because one person said so, but if you read enough short messages about something, generally a trend starts to emerge. This is something like the star ratings at Amazon. Lots of people rate the product but we rarely see why they rate it the way they do. We look to see how many people like the thing and that helps us make our decision.

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 127
Mmm, yes I think this is so...one can change the post title but not hte thread title. Well I'm willing to edit it. Otherwise I have to dump the thread for coming across as an ad.

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 127
Does vranswer have any business or financial association with Xin? If not I don't see why there should be a problem with his post.

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #12 of 127
It's more the fact that the title is easily understood as an ad, akin to walking into any store or watching a tv commercial and having understood the same thing.

Chaning the wording would make it non-commercial. I agree however, this is no different in text of post than the abundance of other folks excited about their gear.

Dec 3, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #13 of 127
My excitement for a terrific new product is the only force behind my choice of words and thread title. I have no financial affiliation with Xin, other than my purchase of two of his products. Zanth, you may therefore edit the thread title to read, "Love My NEW SuperMacro" (all caps on "new" is intentional).

Dec 3, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 127
Cool done!

This was not a big deal, and I don't want to come across heavy handed. I agree with the folks who voiced this as benign, especially since the thread started does not have a business relationship with the manufacturer other than purchasing a product and subsequently loving it.

Still, just to make sure there are no favourites and since it did come across as commercially oriented, the new title is just safer in all respects.

Dec 3, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #15 of 127
I love mine too!
biggrin.gif

Mine is the standard model, no sockets, no switches. Still it sounds very, very good. With my main home cans and CD player it can be a bit bright, but that is the nature of the DT 931. Perhaps, the bass boost would have worked well with the Beyers, as well. However, I plan on this being my main portable amp so I won't be using it with the Beyers. I'll be testing this out with MP3, MD and PCDP and more portable headphones like Shure E2 and HD 25-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back