Love for the Koss Pro DJ, and recommended EQ settings?
Jun 4, 2016 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

azmodien

New Head-Fier
Man these cans are very underrated for transparency, but the tone is is not quite natural-sounding enough for my taste. I raised the 55, 77, and 110 bands in foobar and it made a huge improvement. Any fans of these headphones? I feel like they would be close to perfect with the right EQ. I am using the Pro-DJ200.

edit: the highs seem naturally dead-on. If the lows and mids can be brought in line, we would really have something amazing here.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm not sure of your setup, but for them to be at their best they need a very good amp/dac and the M50 pads are a MUST.
I've found that the DJ100 is pretty picky with amp choices. I can actually hear every little change I make with equipment on the DJ100.

The M50 pads really improve almost everything with this headphone and seems to smooth out their sound.
I've been obsessed with this headphones since I first got them in maybe 2012 or whenever. I hope Koss never discontinues it.

I think i've been through at least a dozen pairs so far (with modding etc).

Actually I have the Tony Bennet edition, but it's supposedly the same as the DJ200 or DJ100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back