Lousy build quality on S4i?
May 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Trager

500+ Head-Fier
I've had this set for just over 4 months, and the strain relief on the plug is splitting to the point that I can see copper. In addition, one of the earphone strain reliefs is splitting in the same fashion. Now, I haven't exactly babied this phones, and the straight plug does lend itself to mishaps, but less than 5 months?! I've had a lot of headphones, and I've never had a pair go bad in this kind of time frame.

May 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had this set for just over 4 months, and the strain relief on the plug is splitting to the point that I can see copper. In addition, one of the earphone strain reliefs is splitting in the same fashion. Now, I haven't exactly babied this phones, and the straight plug does lend itself to mishaps, but less than 5 months?! I've had a lot of headphones, and I've never had a pair go bad in this kind of time frame.

Yeah, you alway have to go gentle with IEMs if you came from a headphone background. My experience was worse with the plug and cable split in two. IEMs are more delicate and generally (limited experience) have a thin cable compared to headphones, maybe half as thick? correct me if I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back